Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Goldstone Subbuteo Stadium

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Someone has gone to a lot of trouble here!

Superb.

D6MwKF9W4AARqmd.jpg

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Thats fantastic! Guess its pre lego stand. My mind is going though....can someone remind me...was the chicken run the bit in front of the West stand or was it the east stand? Ridiculous question!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thats fantastic! Guess its pre lego stand. My mind is going though....can someone remind me...was the chicken run the bit in front of the West stand or was it the east stand? Ridiculous question!

East. Next to the away fans corner.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

It's not a ridiculous question. I always thought the chicken run was the tunnel that the players entered the pitch from. Let's face it it does resemble a chicken run. However I've heard lots of people referring to the East Terrace as the chicken run.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why does the North Stand not stretch to the east touchline?

Edit: How the memory can deceive or gloss over the obvious! Never ever realised that the ‘new’ North did not stretch the full width of the pitch. Who the fxxk would sensibly design it like that?

Last edited:

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
There was a bloke in the early 70s who always stood on a beer crate at the back of the lower west terrace right up against the chicken wire tunnel - on the south side of the tunnel.

Used to make witty comments during the game and, I think, 'spoke' to the players as they came on and left the pitch.

He's probably not around now - or maybe he is?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
That’s magnificent. I hope the bogs behind the north have that lovely floor trough and unique aroma.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here