Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] But we’re special........

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I've long had the thought that UEFA should wait until they know who the two finalists are before deciding on the venue. Why the hell can't these two finals be played at Wembley :shrug:

Unfortunately a sensible proposal such as this would allegedly make it difficult for the UEFA hierarchy to get their traditional bung,

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've long had the thought that UEFA should wait until they know who the two finalists are before deciding on the venue. Why the hell can't these two finals be played at Wembley :shrug:

I suspect the idea is we are supposed to watch it on the telly. A bit like Eurovision. Who actually goes to that?

But...they have missed the point.

Nothing will happen till there is a boycott though. If people pay the money then it means the market has judged it right......market forces innit.

(interesting to know how many avowed anti Corbinites also feel this is wrong)

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I suspect the idea is we are supposed to watch it on the telly. A bit like Eurovision. Who actually goes to that?

A friend of my daughter’s goes to Eurovision with a gang of his friends every year. EVERY year!!!:cheery::lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There was a Liverpool fan quoted in a similar article, complaining that match tickets for the final are far too expensive for the normal fan.

His suggested ticket price? £30.

Yes. He's suggesting that the cost of a ticket to watch the Champions League final, the showpiece event in the UEFA calendar, the one that attracts viewers from all across the world, should be less than the price of a ticket in the away end for Queens Park Rangers v Ipswich Town at Loftus Road in the Football League Championship.

I'm not saying it's all ideal: there's evidence that AirBnB homeowners, for example, are cancelling pre-held bookings in the hope of re-selling their accommodation for six times the original price, and other such outrageous profiteering is undoubtedly going on. But come on, Sammy Scouser: thirty notes for the biggest game in European, some would say world, football?? :lol:

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
The official answer is the ‘UEFA Family’ , whatever the **** that’s supposed to mean.

The UEFA Family wont want an 8 day round trip so will sell their tickets to Arsenal and Chelsea fans for thousands and wash their hands when the carnage happens because two sets of fans are sharing the same stands.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You can still do exactly what you did back in the old days, though :shrug:

Just walk into a high street travel agent, tell them where you want to go, and hand over your credit card.

Not this year.
Booked up through a travel agent with flights.
But the flights were basic.
We wanted more than 15kg baggage (in the hold obviously) and we wanted to sit together with our daughter etc etc, so had to pay more.
And we have to pay for transfers from airport to hotel.
My balls remain twisted.
So my point remains (although I know that this is not always the case)
It used to be so simple and easy now it's how much money can we squeeze out of you.
I fully intend to give Easy Jet a very hard time if they get the slightest thing wrong from airport to airport.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Out of Spurs 16.5k allocation around 4k are going to our own corporates. 12.5k for ordinary supporters which cost between £60 and £500. The bulk are at £150.

Some of the £400 tickets are 'restricted view'.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Out of Spurs 16.5k allocation around 4k are going to our own corporates. 12.5k for ordinary supporters which cost between £60 and £500. The bulk are at £150.

Pricey but you do get access to the Baku Cheese Room for that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There was a Liverpool fan quoted in a similar article, complaining that match tickets for the final are far too expensive for the normal fan.

His suggested ticket price? £30.

Yes. He's suggesting that the cost of a ticket to watch the Champions League final, the showpiece event in the UEFA calendar, the one that attracts viewers from all across the world, should be less than the price of a ticket in the away end for Queens Park Rangers v Ipswich Town at Loftus Road in the Football League Championship.

there is an argument that they make all the money from those viewers, so why high prices for the fans? that said, he has completely missed the point its the resale market making it expensive, the official tickets start at £60.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not this year.
Booked up through a travel agent with flights.
But the flights were basic.
We wanted more than 15kg baggage (in the hold obviously) and we wanted to sit together with our daughter etc etc, so had to pay more.
And we have to pay for transfers from airport to hotel.
My balls remain twisted.
So my point remains (although I know that this is not always the case)
It used to be so simple and easy now it's how much money can we squeeze out of you.
I fully intend to give Easy Jet a very hard time if they get the slightest thing wrong from airport to airport.

you have it upside down. you used to pay for a bunch of services regardless if you wanted them or not. the budget airlines recognised this and priced per service.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

That is pretty incredible, considering that it is a brand new stadium.

Should have stayed at the Vicente Calderon, and renamed it the Vicente Calderon Bruno.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here