Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] But we’re special........

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The whole thing - flights, match tickets and hotels is an absolute disgrace.

Supply and demand? My arse: it's called "profiteering".

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Hotels too. Charging £1500 a night for a £150 room.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I've long had the thought that UEFA should wait until they know who the two finalists are before deciding on the venue. Why the hell can't these two finals be played at Wembley :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've long had the thought that UEFA should wait until they know who the two finalists are before deciding on the venue. Why the hell can't these two finals be played at Wembley :shrug:

Two thirds of the tickets go to corporate seats so will want different venues every year. Spurs & Liverpool fans get just 17000 tickets each.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Isn't it claimed that it's too complicated for the tv coverage, rights, sponsors etc etc. to organise in time?

For normal people - not too much of a challenge. For the dim, thick bast**ds at UEFA - far too difficult.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Or Villa park for the Champions League Final - that would be fair. :lol:

It'll take 79 hours to cycle to Madrid from Brighton.
Knowing my luck though the Albion's debut Champions League Final will be penciled in for Baku.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Isn't it claimed that it's too complicated for the tv coverage, rights, sponsors etc etc. to organise in time?

For normal people - not too much of a challenge. For the dim, thick bast**ds at UEFA - far too difficult.

In fairness though you are talking about over half the crowd.

The fans will get 16,500 tickets per club, for a 60,000+ stadium.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
in the case of Easyjet this is the basis of their business model, so cant really complain. or would you like to lose the £30 tickets too?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Flying Easy Jet in late May, the tickets were not that cheap to start with but I have had to pay, pay and pay again just to get the basics that I want like a decent baggage allowance and sitting together.
I hate the whole experience of flying now, whatever happened to booking a holiday, getting your paperwork and flight tickets, getting on the plane and going.
It all really twists my balls.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
in the case of Easyjet this is the basis of their business model, so cant really complain. or would you like to lose the £30 tickets too?

All the Liverpool fans who bought Easyjet tickets months ago certainly wouldn't.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Fair point. But are they really that cheap these days? I fly quite a bit and by the time you've added on hold baggage (another rip off) and
said 'no' to all possible other sh*t from golf clubs to lunar module lander insurance - the other major airlines become almost the same.

So that makes them con merchants in my book.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's a joke, same as when the prices go up over the school holidays. Not a lot you can about it, unless it's somewhere you can realistically drive too to try and save some money.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Fair point. But are they really that cheap these days? I fly quite a bit and by the time you've added on hold baggage (another rip off) and
said 'no' to all possible other sh*t from golf clubs to lunar module lander insurance - the other major airlines become almost the same.

So that makes them con merchants in my book.

I've just flown back from Italy with EasyJet for £14 to Gatwick. Didn't need a checked bag as was a short break, and I've always been sat next to the other people I've booked alongside so have never paid for a specific seat. Even people like British Airways no longer include a bag now on most flights under their 'basic' fares they advertise.

Personally think they are great.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here