Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Frddie Starr :(

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He was very funny in his day, RIP Freddie.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
****. But he was no snowflake so he wouldn't have been offended.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
RIP

Definitely old school comedy which is much frowned upon these days

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I remember seeing him live mid 80s at Crawley leisure centre and being in pain from laughing so much. A top top performer at the peak of his game and one of the greats.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Very sad. Should have had a better last few years. A true shining star who burst on the scene in a way that probably won't happen any more. At his peak, he could reduce me to a laughing heap who could barely breathe. Probably won't be acknowleged as he should be, but RIP to one of the bes, sharpest and original superstar comedians of his day.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
RIP

Definitely old school comedy which is much frowned upon these days

Which is such as shame, because funny is funny, and that was Freddie. So much really good comedy is just lost to this generation because it never gets a repeat anywhere. To add to the tragedy of the Starr story is another stain of modern life that accusations get thrown around, without a thought for the damages it does to a person. Watch back over interviews with Freddie and the false accusations really hurt, and clearly damaged his health irreparably. That was the slurr that he just couldn't laugh off, or get his head around.

A very funny man, one of my first comedy favourites as a kid. RIP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here