Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea Fans

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I thought they were the worst after our recent league game and tonight they’ve confirmed it. The league game its was like a mourge, entitled fans expecting to win a just about managing to clap when they score. Tonight Euro semi final and they are pathetic.

Mind you saying that most of the big teams have shit atmospheres Arsenal Tottenham Man City and Utd. Must be dull winning and just congratulating the latest stranger who sits next to you.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Incredible scenes at the Bridge

:clap:

My mate Gurjit is going to be absolutely buzzing at work tomorrow.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Spurs used to be really decent... Not sure about the new stadium but I'm sure it'll be better than the Emirates.

As for Chelsea... Really, really can't stand anything about them. Proper chavvy club too

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Get to the final and they finally make a bit of noise, pathetic. Hardcore fans must cringe going with all the rich kids and football tourists

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I went there when they were playing West Ham (who won) as a guest of Chopper Harris. (Dad bought it as a package at an auction Christ knows why) took a West Ham mate and we sat in a stand with a load of Chines/Japanese tourists...in almost total silence. There was a tiny group of singers in one bit of the ground but everyone else just sat there like lemons.

Went to Dinner with Ron afterwards...got chatting to his daughter...afterwards she invited us to a party in Streatham...at least I got a shag out of it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I went there when they were playing West Ham (who won) as a guest of Chopper Harris. (Dad bought it as a package at an auction Christ knows why) took a West Ham mate and we sat in a stand with a load of Chines/Japanese tourists...in almost total silence. There was a tiny group of singers in one bit of the ground but everyone else just sat there like lemons.

Went to Dinner with Ron afterwards...got chatting to his daughter...afterwards she invited us to a party in Streatham...at least I got a shag out of it.

You shagged the daughter of Chopper Harris?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I’ve been a few times as family have some corporate tickets at Stamford Bridge, and they put our 1901 club to shame. Big ****-off buffet that you can pick from, free drinks, the lot. I’ve been in the 1901 twice, last time was the Newcastle game, and you get absolutely nothing. What do you even pay all that money for?

But yeah, back on topic, atmosphere’s terrible. All tourists.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:lolol:

It's a clean sweep for England - all 4 final places.

Take that UEFA!

Brexit!!!!!

aka what a load of bollocks.

Top work, PL. Glad we are in it.

Those who think we should PLxit can **** right off and get in the sea, now.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

:moo:.....u get about ..wasn’t there a post by you last night having it off with an assistant referee

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
How many English players played in the semi finals?

Liverpool had more in their team than Barcelona- and more in their squad.

Ajax are apparently the bastion of home grown players- yet they have no more than Liverpool in their squad.

Tottenham Hotspur have more English players in their squad than Barcelona have Spanish.

So what do we conclude ? It's an international game these days.

This week:

Liverpool used 5 English players on Tuesday

Tottenham Hotspur used 3 (Kane injured)

Following European football as I do, I'd say Real Madrid are pretty much the best for home grown players with about half the squad being Spanish.

Last edited:

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
What do you mean by that?

There was a period in the mid late noughties where English teams began to appear en bloc in later tournament stages and European finals. I remember reading some thinly veiled whimpers in Zurich that didn't seem to be present when Italy and Spain had their periods of dominance and not during the Spanish surge since.

I sensed back in 2004 that a period of rise for English teams was on the way. It became true in part. I think we may be seeing a period now that will match the late 70s/early 80s. Yes, It's down to resources, but UEFA knows all about resources. Expect wailing and gnashing of teeth if it comes to pass.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
The England match v Netherlands in on June 6th. The European Cup Final on the 1st. That's about 8 of the squad who will not arrive till late.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here