Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] POLL TIME - Danny Baker’s tweet

Was Danny Baker’s Royal Baby tweet KNOWINGLY racist?

• YES - You stupid prat, of course it was. He knew what he was inferring.

Votes: 97 29.7%
  • NO - You utter melt, the intent wasn’t racism.

Votes: 230 70.3%

• Total voters

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He says he has posted the pic before for other royal births.
It's just a silly, not particularly funny, joke.

Backfired on him massively, because people like taking offence.

Reminds me a bit of Souness's outrage at Hemed's "stamp" against Newcastle.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Backfired on him massively, because people like taking offence.

Reminds me a bit of Souness's outrage at Hemed's "stamp" against Newcastle.

People are placing an interpretation on it which is understandable. That said, it's probably not its intended meaning.

He just needs to explain that.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He's a crap old has-been. Stopped following him a while back

Indeed. Slates the Albion too, I assume out of Millwall-related envy.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
People are placing an interpretation on it which is understandable. That said, it's probably not its intended meaning.

He just needs to explain that.

I don't think he does. Let the professionally offended blow themselves out and get on with life. If you know Danny you know he posts silly pictures all the time. Nothing more nothing less.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
i really don't like him especially since he bad mouthed us when we got promotion for no reason whatsoever. Having declared that, i can't see what talent he has either. Rarely find him amusing and his radio show is just the most annoying load of rambling bollocks i have ever heard.

Talent is there for all to witness on the Daz doorstep challenge.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Presumably the other times he has posted it are still there then ?

Odd post, why feel the need to do so with the obvious risk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't consider myself to be a snowflake, so maybe someone can correct me. But my first reaction when I scrolled down to see the monkey picture was "ohhh, god".

Having listened to DB over a number of years on radio and pods, I'm absolutely certain he didn't intend this as being a racist jibe. But man alive (as he would say), given the fact that its a mixed race baby, the first in the history of the royal family, to then post a pic today of some people leading out a monkey...

I'll put it down to misjudgement. But bloody hell Danny.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Actually, no, I'm not certain. I don't understand what other context he could be referring to. He likes a few quaffs of an evening, this looks like a really, really bad joke.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I don't understand what other context he could be referring to.

He finds cheesy animal things funny. He has had a reoccurring feature on his radio show for years featuring an imaginary TV show called 'Chimps dressed as famous people' which is just a door opening in a field and a chimp coming out in the costume of someone famous. He finds it hilarious. I've absolutely no doubt that this was intended in that vein and that he just hadn't realised the connotation that could be inferred.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He finds cheesy animal things funny. He has had a reoccurring feature on his radio show for years featuring an imaginary TV show called 'Chimps dressed as famous people' which is just a door opening in a field and a chimp coming out in the costume of someone famous. He finds it hilarious. I've absolutely no doubt that this was intended in that vein and that he just hadn't realised the connotation that could be inferred.

Yeah, I vaguely recall that. I don't think DB is remotely racist, but that was an ill-judged tweet that has obvious connotations given that Meghan is of mixed race. I see the media storm over it has now been fully unleashed - hopefully his apology will suffice, it would be totally OTT if he ends up losing his job over it. But blimey, he must've been on the vino to have put that up without realising what the reaction would be.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Yeah, I vaguely recall that. I don't think DB is remotely racist, but that was an ill-judged tweet that has obvious connotations given that Meghan is of mixed race. I see the media storm over it has now been fully unleashed - hopefully his apology will suffice, it would be totally OTT if he ends up losing his job over it. But blimey, he must've been on the vino to have put that up without realising what the reaction would be.
He is always on the booze when he tweets.

As you say, think it was just a howler on his part more than anything else.

Quite enjoyed his tweet last night along the lines of "would have been in dreamland watching this had i not been trending for being a racist"

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Don't believe he's a racist just very thick.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don’t think it would be totally over the top if he was sacked, though that should be for stupidity rather than anything more insidious, and the fact that he wouldn’t be a massive loss to radio. I’m not sure his apology this morning did him loads of favours either.

If you’re in the public eye, engage brain before using social media!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don’t think it would be totally over the top if he was sacked, though that should be for stupidity rather than anything more insidious, and the fact that he wouldn’t be a massive loss to radio. I’m not sure his apology this morning did him loads of favours either.

If you’re in the public eye, engage brain before using social media!

His first apology was flippant ("never occurred to me because, well, mind not diseased"), and he pulled the cancer card in his second. Not great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here