Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] POLL TIME - Danny Baker’s tweet

Was Danny Baker’s Royal Baby tweet KNOWINGLY racist?

• YES - You stupid prat, of course it was. He knew what he was inferring.

Votes: 97 29.7%
  • NO - You utter melt, the intent wasn’t racism.

Votes: 230 70.3%

• Total voters

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Without knowing what i know now , i still do know if i'd have seen it before all the uproar i wouldn't of had a scooby what it was or meant to be , i can't be alone , shirley .

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
That is an even worse excuse. I’m surprised he didn’t just say his phone was in his pocket and sent it to Twitter by accident

Mad innit?
I'd argue, as a BBC radio employee presenting current affair shows he has an absolute duty to be fully in loop about things like Royal births. It's just complete arrogance. And then to actually tweet about the thing! Why even do it if he knew nothing about it. He's an antagonist for the sake of it.
Some tweets...
I want City to win. They are a mystery to me whereas we play Brighton often & I have no warmth for their slippery, oddly entitled, support.

Spurs game reflected, quite rightly, as what it means to Spurs. **** off Brighton. You're like us. The Prem a lark for you. Down you come!

Might not be racist but the guy is a ****ing bellend.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'd argue, as a BBC radio employee presenting current affair shows he has an absolute duty to be fully in loop about things like Royal births.

He doesn't present current affairs. On Baker's shows you'd get PG Wodehouse, Sir Henry at Rawlinson End, mad trivia and explanations of the origins of words, recordings of worn out musical toys and stories of invisible footballs You would not get any news or current affairs.

It seems to me that Baker's mistake was to clumsily wade in to something he had paid no attention to and didn't have a clue about................ (insert own conclusion).

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If he can't be bothered to do his job properly let someone elae who will do it properly do it.

The problem is that nobody else can do his job. For evidence of this listen to 606. The show has always been absolutely appalling without him, because everybody else thinks that giving the fans a voice means asking what is it with Arsenal/Mourinho/Andy Carroll? and then putting through whatever dullard wants to moan about their team, rather than talking about what it is is to be a football fan. Baker's approach means radio like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hhk8VVS2AU

He knows his stuff better than anyone. His mistake was sticking his oar into everybody else's stuff.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well radio 5 was somewhat dull this morning. Need to find another channel for my Saturday drives now. Still, at least the faceless suit in charge got a head on the block, so not all bad.

Frank Skinner on Absolute.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning on Talk Sport Sunday mornings beat Baker anyway. Although some sections of the show are questionable. Not in a calling a black kid a monkey way

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
The poll needed a third option:

No the intent wasn't racism but he deserved to get sacked for arrogantly assuming everything he posts is funny and for being so feckin' stupid...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The poll needed a third option:

No the intent wasn't racism but he deserved to get sacked for arrogantly assuming everything he posts is funny and for being so feckin' stupid...

That's the sack for virtually everybody who bothers with Twitter.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Has anyone seen the similar tweet that Baker posted when Prince George left hospital that he claims to have posted ???

I have been wondering about that part of the furore. I've seen other people claim it and I've seen reports of him saying that the chimp photo is a go to for him whenever posh people have a baby, but I haven't seen him say that he posted it in response to previous Royal births. I could have missed it and it's difficult to plough through the amount of reporting there has been around the story. Could you point me to where you read it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here