Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

D

Deleted member 2719

Not really applicable now Sheffield United will be Premier League next year.But watch Wilders win percentage go down all the time they are in the top league, probably below Hughtons in first season even if they survive.

Little job for you Mouldy, compare Potters record v Hughton. I am not sure about Potter and what the attraction is but what do I know, if he is appointed I'm in his gang:albion2:

Not got time mate, NSC has almost stopped for me with Hughton being sacked.
Gary wanted people to be in his gang, look how that end up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Perhaps Potter will be manager at Brighton next season and Chris Hughton manager of Swansea?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Potter would be an unbelievably huge risk.

P46 W18 D11 L17 this season in the Championship with a side you might have imagined would do a lot better is hardly the most inspiring CV at this point.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

P46 W18 D11 L17 this season in the Championship with a side you might have imagined would do a lot better is hardly the most inspiring CV at this point.

That's my fear.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I agree, but everything I've read over the last hour or so screams "Progressive!" and for that reason, I could see why Bloom would do it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Anyone on the Swansea forums saying they'll be happy to drive him here themselves? ???

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Why go from a safe pair of hands to an unproven risk? Makes no sense what so ever. Managing in the PL is obviously incredibly difficult, even those with vast experience can struggle.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why go from a safe pair of hands to an unproven risk? Makes no sense what so ever. Managing in the PL is obviously incredibly difficult, even those with vast experience can struggle.

11 points in half a season is not a safe pair of hands.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010

Those win stats are not great are they? Lee Johnson at Bristol City has a better record this season and with less budget.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I agree, but everything I've read over the last hour or so screams "Progressive!" and for that reason, I could see why Bloom would do it.

I know, but progressive ideas need testing, not sure competing at the bottom end of the Premier League with a limited budget is where you do that. You look along the coast at Southampton with Hasenhüttl as a progressive appointment, but he has real proven experience in the Bundesliga.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Those win stats are not great are they? Lee Johnson at Bristol City has a better record this season and with less budget.

9 other teams scored more goals than them too.

Feels like this is exactly the same thinking that took us from Garcia to Hyppia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here