Page 75 of 262 FirstFirst ... 25657273747576777885125175 ... LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean the Daniel James that Man United look likely to sign any moment now?
    Yes. TeamTalk says:
    "The Wales winger – so close to joining Leeds in the January window was last week strongly linked with a summer switch to Manchester United, with the Red Devils said to be pushing the player and his agent hard for an answer.
    But Potter has told James he wants him to follow him to the Amex Stadium, telling the player his first-team prospects and development in the game would be far better suited by a move there.
    The 21-year-old winger, who has just a year left on his contract, is valued at around £10m by Swansea and has also been linked with Liverpool, Bournemouth and Manchester City."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      We can compete with that bunch of player led twats on this one, if we get Potter

We probably won’t be able to compete with Bournemouth though
      Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi

0 Not allowed!
      Last I heard that had hit a bit of an issue
      The Bernie Taupin of the Football Chant world

Quote Originally Posted by Husty View Post
      Not the sharpest tool in the draw are you?

0 Not allowed!
      I think @Bold Seagull means opportunities in the Premier League specifically, but I could be wrong. i.e. That clubs have too quickly gotten rid of him in the Prem (Toon - definitely, Norwich - maybe, Us - maybe).
      Yes agree, I don't really know what his choices were pre-Newcastle. There is a perception that because of the Norwich job specifically, he is a negative manager and that has stuck with him. That notion is reinforced by the back end of this season of course, but isn't backed up by his time at Newcastle, or any of his seasons in the Championship with 3 other clubs, or our first season in the top flight.

Weirdly, especially at home, I don't think we have been going out negative as such, just incredibly poor with players crippled by lack of confidence. We had no one to step in when key players were out injured, and we were left floundering. The conclusion our lack of shots was just through tactics leaves me slightly baffled when I could see us getting into great positions with plenty of players in support.

That perception is stuck with him now though, many think justified, many like myself feel it has been much more down to confidence and performance than tactics.

I hope he gets another chance in the top flight, and probably have little doubt he will. Just hope we're not waving at him travelling in the opposite direction.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
      SSN reporting that Potter is undecided on the move As he just moved his fam to Swansea.
      That's just weird. If Swansea were supporting the team financially, I'd understand - he's only just started a project there. But if they're not backing him (and reports of selling all PL players and replacing them with all under 23s makes it sound like they're not), what's the point? Doesn't he have any ambition (and to be clear, that's not a dig at Swansea, but the lack of backing they're giving him)?
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by thony View Post
      Yes. TeamTalk says:
      "The Wales winger – so close to joining Leeds in the January window was last week strongly linked with a summer switch to Manchester United, with the Red Devils said to be pushing the player and his agent hard for an answer.
      But Potter has told James he wants him to follow him to the Amex Stadium, telling the player his first-team prospects and development in the game would be far better suited by a move there.
      The 21-year-old winger, who has just a year left on his contract, is valued at around £10m by Swansea and has also been linked with Liverpool, Bournemouth and Manchester City."
      We don't know if Potter is coming.

How would they be privy to such conversation ?

Take it with a pinch of salt.
      'I've been forbidden from announcing anymore targets or deadlines'

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
      Last I heard that had hit a bit of an issue
      Probably down to the fact that James is a Liverpool fan.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      We don't know if Potter is coming.

How would they be privy to such conversation ?

Take it with a pinch of salt.
      Don't worry, I do. It seems strange to me that a manager would be talking about bringing a player with him before even having formal discussions about his own move. Just letting people know what has been reported, and asking whether this is a usually-reliable source or not.
      Mon nez est en SW6... Knocky's Nose's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      We don't even know if Potter is a smokescreen. We all sometimes forget TB is a poker player.

"Yes, we've got a brilliant manager lined up, in the bag, but let us know what your terms might be Mr "X" and we can have a think about it. Make your terms attractive enough and we'll give it some serious thought." - all whilst Mr "X" is the manager we wanted all along....

Ce Qui Donne?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by thony View Post
      Don't worry, I do. It seems strange to me that a manager would be talking about bringing a player with him before even having formal discussions about his own move. Just letting people know what has been reported, and asking whether this is a usually-reliable source or not.
      Very few are reliable. Andy Naylor gets most things right. Sky Sports can be chequered but are pretty good. Other than that I just check the local rag of any place that is relevant. Everything else I just ignore as speculation- even if it turns out to be right. As they say, a clock that has stopped is still right twice a day.

I don't believe anyone on here knew of our interest in Potter. But the short odds were noticed and suddenly a few folk are ITK.
      'I've been forbidden from announcing anymore targets or deadlines'