Page 71 of 262 FirstFirst ... 21616869707172737481121171 ... LastLast
    Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone's pissed on your cornflakes this morning haven't they mate. Never seen such unjustified negativity!
    I remember me and you arguing about the merits of Suttner as a signing, I said he’d be average at best... you said otherwise... now I’m mostly wrong, but trust me when I say this Potter is about as inspiring as an ageing Austrian fullback...

I fail to see why anybody would choose this bloke over CH... I’m at a loss.

That however is my last word on the subject, as I also fail to see the point of thrashing out several sets of opinion tennis.

I wish the club well.
    Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey... page 400 at last. Rest ye weary traveller.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      I may have missed it somewhere, more than likely, but have the club actually said they want Potter? Or is this a story created by those in the know?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      That's yesterday's news, which you'll see if you scroll up a few pages.

It's just about money and us meeting their valuation.
      Sky reporting there is a release clause in his contract and it's more about whether he wants to come or not.
      'I've been forbidden from announcing anymore targets or deadlines'
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dale Jasper View Post
      By sacking houghton, It’s pretty clear our owner doesn’t want another season of scraping through.
      I’m sure he realises that means forking Out.
      Exciting times are on the way with or without potter.
      Not having a dig but will we be be saying the same if the wally with the Brolley or Mark "You will be my 50th club" Hughs? Is appointed?
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!
      Not actually Dale Jasper Dale Jasper's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by *Gullsworth* View Post
      Not having a dig but will we be be saying the same if the wally with the Brolley or Mark "You will be my 50th club" Hughs?
      I think the excitement will come with the money and signings.
      It’s not dependent on potter.
      But yes, hopefully we will get better than Steve and Hughesy
      “With all due respect to Brighton, who the **** are Brighton?” Troopz, Arsenal Fan TV
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
      I remember me and you arguing about the merits of Suttner as a signing, I said he’d be average at best... you said otherwise... now I’m mostly wrong, but trust me when I say this Potter is about as inspiring as an ageing Austrian fullback...

I fail to see why anybody would choose this bloke over CH... I’m at a loss.

That however is my last word on the subject, as I also fail to see the point of thrashing out several sets of opinion tennis.

I wish the club well.
      I don't recall that at all unless it was just to say "give him a chance before writing him off" as I would about any player. You may be right though, my memory's not what it was although I was certainly never a big fan.

Just don't understand (not just you) all these posts bemoaning A: a manager who we haven't even got yet and who certainly hasn't been given a chance and then B: how the club is going to look amateurish / a shambles etc for not getting him, when nothing's actually happened yet.

It's nonsense, even by NSC standards.
      "I never mentioned horses!"
      Members the right footed denilson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      It's a big decision given how recently he moved countries. The countryside around Swansea is gorgeous. He's obviously already idolised there.
      If he genuinely feels he can get Swansea up next season he might not want to take this risk.
      How long? Not long
      Because what you reap, is what you sow.
      Wanna balloon? Johnny RoastBeef's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      So plan a declines, plan b likewise... potentially. It’s a mess, the trouble is I don’t think we’re a massively attractive prospect, not without holding onto our actual legit stars and investing heavily. You have to remember how well CH was respected in the LMA etc... kind of, shit... if he can’t make it work... could I?

That and Bloom sacking CH when and how he did, is hardly a ringing endorsement for the incoming manager is it?
      To be honest I doubt Potter will decline the offer, if one is made.

And if he does there will be a dossier as thick as your nut on possible alternatives. To manage in the Premier League is the ambition of any football coach in the world, so we won't be short of amazing candidates.
      "Johnny RoastBeef had to keep them all tied up and away from the alarms"
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      I don't recall that at all unless it was just to say "give him a chance before writing him off" as I would about any player. You may be right though, my memory's not what it was although I was certainly never a big fan.

Just don't understand (not just you) all these posts bemoaning A: a manager who we haven't even got yet and who certainly hasn't been given a chance and then B: how the club is going to look amateurish / a shambles etc for not getting him, when nothing's actually happened yet.

It's nonsense, even by NSC standards.
      Takes our mind off the loss of Chris Hughton though. Big shoes to fill IMHO.
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!

1 Not allowed!
      So plan a declines, plan b likewise... potentially. It’s a mess, the trouble is I don’t think we’re a massively attractive prospect, not without holding onto our actual legit stars and investing heavily. You have to remember how well CH was respected in the LMA etc... kind of, shit... if he can’t make it work... could I?

That and Bloom sacking CH when and how he did, is hardly a ringing endorsement for the incoming manager is it?
      Potter may not work out, i have no problem with that prediction, and i well remember the last time you were this adamant about someone being a mistake it was Suttner so we may get to test your premonitions a second time..

.. but to say we're not an attractive proposition is ridiculous. Only 20 clubs in the richest domestic league in the world, only another 10 or so European megaliths, we're desirable all right.....