Page 69 of 262 FirstFirst ... 19596667686970717279119169 ... LastLast
    Members the right footed denilson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barham's tash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we’re overlooking a lot of this and I propose perhaps this work went a long way to leaving Southgate free to simply coach the team in the England set up which is what attracted the Albion to DA and this way of working.

Perhaps other more established manager’s egos wouldn’t let them cede power to an administrator so easily and whilst I’m not saying this is what led to CH demise I do wonder behind the scenes whether the media output was somewhat removed from the truth.

CH might not have a public ego but he will have a preferred way of working and if our new model shifted too far away from this then that’s where the cracks might have emerged.
    Hughton is old school. I'm sure he would have hated having DA around.
    How long? Not long
    Because what you reap, is what you sow.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
      SSN reporting that Potter is undecided on the move As he just moved his fam to Swansea.

If Bloom screws this up it will be a massive error.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      That's a show me the money pitch, get him and his Mrs down here, and offer him 4 years. He'll sign
      Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest

1 Not allowed!
      SSN reporting that Potter is undecided on the move As he just moved his fam to Swansea.

I was saying yesterday, there is seemingly no plan b... great. For me you never sack anyone based on the assumption your primary target will simply say show me the money...

I have a bad feeling about this whole episode.

This idea too, that it’s simply a question of money is bollocks, if he’s a family man - and his kids matter to him and they’re happy... he won’t come, no chance... he’ll be well paid as it is. This and if he feels unready as it were, well smart move by him... gone up a notch in my book.

It’s going to be a classic Albion shambles... probably end up reappointing CH.
      Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey... page 400 at last. Rest ye weary traveller.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
      I was saying yesterday, there is seemingly no plan b... great. For me you never sack anyone based on the assumption your primary target will simply say show me the money...

Trust me. Tony Bloom wouldn't have made the decision he did, when he did without being VERY confident they could get Potter and without Plan B / Plan C.
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
      Wanna balloon? Johnny RoastBeef's Avatar

3 Not allowed!

Again with the negativity, how do you know there is no plan B? Ridiculous statement.
      "Johnny RoastBeef had to keep them all tied up and away from the alarms"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I am sure there is a "Plan B" manager. Plan "C" might involve inviting applicants though, and Plan "D" may involve a phone call to Chris Hughton.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      Trust me. Tony Bloom wouldn't have made the decision he did, when he did without being VERY confident they could get Potter and without Plan B / Plan C.
      What if plan A doesn't look that exciting or an improvement on Hughton? What chance plan B or C will look a step forward?
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by *Gullsworth* View Post
      What if plan A doesn't look that exciting or an improvement on Hughton? What chance plan B or C will look a step forward?
      Exciting to who?
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

0 Not allowed!

Given the very large gamble that Bloom is taking here, one would think that he intends to invest significantly in the recruitment of new players. We all knew that this summer was going to be an incredibly important transfer window, even prior to Chris leaving. Bloom has even more riding on it now, and I see this as a period of revolution rather than evolution. That must be quite attractive to any young manager looking to put his own stamp on a Premier League side.
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

3 Not allowed!

This idea too, that it’s simply a question of money is bollocks, if he’s a family man - and his kids matter to him and they’re happy... he won’t come, no chance... he’ll be well paid as it is. This and if he feels unready as it were, well smart move by him... gone up a notch in my book.

Someone's pissed on your cornflakes this morning haven't they mate. Never seen such unjustified negativity!
      "I never mentioned horses!"