Page 40 of 262 FirstFirst ... 30373839404142435090140 ... LastLast
    On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe one for another thread, but how many sides have tried to change things up in the way we seem to be, and what were the results?

The only one that comes to mind is the Palace / de Boer experiment. That one didn't go too well...
    They lost their nerve very early though..

Saints made a great move with Pocchetino that got them a similar slagging off to us and CH at the time. That turned out rather better.
    Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi

• North Stand Chat

advertising

VERY part time moderator Giraffe's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Maybe one for another thread, but how many sides have tried to change things up in the way we seem to be, and what were the results?

The only one that comes to mind is the Palace / de Boer experiment. That one didn't go too well...
      Southampton when they sacked Adkins and brought in Pochettino went better? Leicester when they sacked Pearson and got in Ranieri went very well after a very dodgy start. I'm sure there are others.

Patience is the issue here for me. I suspect Bloom is more patient for results than Palace were.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
      Fair comment. It was a bit trite. But I've seen numerous examples of clubs opening up, trying to play attacking football and being ripped to pieces. I honestly don't think we've got the squad to do it. If we sign Potter and we try to play the way Swansea do in the PL, £50 to REMF says he'll be gone before the end of the season. Totally hope I'm wrong. Hand on heart I think Hughton set up the way he did because we don't have the attacking players to approach games any differently.
      I see it this way too. If TB wants attractive football and to remain out of the bottom three I do believe he is going to need to pay the going rate for wages and up the amounts paid for transfers to get in some real experience and skill. If he is prepared to do this fine, I can understand why he would look for a new manager. However if not, well, things to my mind do not look too rosy right now.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      They lost their nerve very early though..
      That's the nature of the Premier League beast though, isn't it. I bet Hyypia wouldn't have lasted as long as he did had we been a division higher.

10 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
      Fair comment. It was a bit trite. But I've seen numerous examples of clubs opening up, trying to play attacking football and being ripped to pieces. I honestly don't think we've got the squad to do it. If we sign Potter and we try to play the way Swansea do in the PL, £50 to REMF says he'll be gone before the end of the season. Totally hope I'm wrong. Hand on heart I think Hughton set up the way he did because we don't have the attacking players to approach games any differently.
      He's not playing expansive football at Swansea he's a pragmatic manager that likes to play passing football. With an emphasis on attack.

Do you think he got those great results against European giants with a Swedish minnow playing 'expansive' football. No he can adapt game to game and within games.

Give the guy some respect he's clearly not an idiot !!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4 Not allowed!
      Potter isn’t an out and out attacking coach as some seem to believe more a coach who teaches players to dominate the ball and win it back as high up the pitch as possible. Swansea improves a lot under his guidance as the season went on. If he’s the one give the guy a chance to stamp his way of playing.
      March and Bissouma for starters would thrive under him in my opinion

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
      You're telling me the witchhunts on here and twitter and the booing at games hasn't contributed to this change?
      The fans also hounded Ashley Barnes out. Proving how little they know.
      I doubt it had any contribution, no.

A few dickheads near me have been boo'ing Barnes, all loan signings, Bong, Stephens and Baldock for years.

Personally I think it is ****ing tragic as I would just vote with my feet if I was that disgruntled, but understand that some regard it as a means to express discontent.

I really doubt TB needed alerting to just how dire we were vs Bournemouth and Cardiff by some boo boys, or comments made by some pond life on twitter in order to come to this decision.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      I doubt it had any contribution, no.

A few dickheads near me have been boo'ing Barnes, all loan signings, Bong, Stephens and Baldock for years.

Personally I think it is ****ing tragic as I would just vote with my feet if I was that disgruntled, but understand that some regard it as a means to express discontent.

I really doubt TB needed alerting to just how dire we were vs Bournemouth and Cardiff by some boo boys, or comments made by some pond life on twitter in order to come to this decision.
      Talking of pond life on Twitter, look at this, where do you start with what's wrong?
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Birdie Boy View Post
      Talking of pond life on Twitter, look at this, where do you start with what's wrong?
      He thinks we’re Bournemouth, bless
      Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      He thinks we’re Bournemouth, bless
      And is clearly unaware of what 'presumptuous' means.

Guessing he meant 'preposterous' ?
      'Football implies the desire to suffer' - Theodor Adorno
      Football V Homophobia | Football v Homophobia in association with Pride Sports