Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Do you actually know something? Or just winding everyone up
I would say there's a VERY good chance potter has been sounded out to see if he's interested. Whether Hughton goes or not is undecided though.

Manager betting markets don't mean a lot. As we all know over the years.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Graham Potter

I’ve got no great desire to see Hughton moved on. However, Graham Potter looks very much like the sort of boss that we might be interested in. Did a great job abroad (albeit in a less prestigious league), took that success into the Europa League and has steadied the ship at Swansea, playing good football. Also, might he fit better into a new structure now Dan Ashworth is involved - probably as a Head Coach rather than a Manager, where Hughton is undoubtedly the latter.

It’ll be a sad day if Hughton goes, but this would be a potentially exciting alternative. Probably more possibility though of things going tits up than another season under steady Chris. The track record of PL clubs trying to become a bit more expansive isn’t great (WBA, Stoke, Palace last season spring to mind). But then Pochettino wasn’t too bad for Saints...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Attachments

• download (4).jpg
    download (4).jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,341

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
10th in the Championship is not exactly a ringing endorsement

It is when you look at the state of Swansea City at the moment.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Does make you wonder if an announcement of Hughton tendering his resignation will be made tomorrow... I don't know anything but this is a pretty strange market move.

Probably no more than Gus Poyet was when he went to odds on to become Chelsea manager while he was with us.

Next manager of a team is a small market- especially if one is incumbent. Someone has probably taken handsome punt and the bookie has sniffed a false smell.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Could be driven by someone who thinks their ITK lumping on, anyone know how this price looked last week for example?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here