Page 29 of 260 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031323979129 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Never mind what Potter did at Swansea, he must have performed miracles in Sweden given Östersunds FK's Europa League results.
    Especially if his squad was predominately Swedish. Sweden's current Centre Forward can't even get into the Brighton team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Gy%C3%B6keres
    Newton's Third Law of Motion:

III. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Farehamseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Genius! Possibly missing one syllable in the last line but a minor quibble.

I thought you would have exhausted your 90’s pop collection by now but apparently not!
      Let's bring ourselves bang up to date with Nelly's 2002 smash hit It's Getting Hot in Here.

It's Graham Potter here
      So take off all your clothes
      I am getting so hot
      I will take my clothes off
      The Bernie Taupin of the Football Chant world

Quote Originally Posted by Husty View Post
      Not the sharpest tool in the draw are you?

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
      Let's bring ourselves bang up to date with Nelly's 2002 smash hit It's Getting Hot in Here.

It's Graham Potter here
      So take off all your clothes
      I am getting so hot
      I will take my clothes off
      His first team talk
      Fresh Nappies wanted, CASH WAITING!
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      Must say not overjoyed about this but it is not my money at stake I am just a fan.
      Feel the same.
      Surely there are better options.

Would this appointment really be a step forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      It would appear to be very much an Ashworth choice but just hope it is not viewed as a good choice if we get relegated to get us back up. I would hope it is designed to avoid the drop in the first place. The one good things it is positive action which will enable him to watch all last season games on video to form a view on the retained list and the possible replacements required.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by colinz View Post
      Never mind what Potter did at Swansea, he must have performed miracles in Sweden given Östersunds FK's Europa League results.
      Especially if his squad was predominately Swedish. Sweden's current Centre Forward can't even get into the Brighton team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Gy%C3%B6keres
      He made one appearance for the senior side during a run of friendlies against other Scandinavian teams where they all used either young players or players from thier domestic leagues who otherwise wouldn't play for the national side.

But yes, he build that side up including using a few non-league English players. Whilst the Allsvenskan isn't the highest quality he still did a fantastic job - there is quite a big economic gap between the Stockholm sides, Malmo and the rest.
      I love lamp.
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      I wonder how many on here who are writing Potter off as "untried at this level" and "not experienced enough" are the same people who wanted Tim Sherwood (or Glenn Hoddle) as manager when we got Chris?

Of course it would be a gamble but then every managerial appointment is. However experienced a manager is or however successful they have been before, it's still a gamble. Ask Man United.
      "I never mentioned horses!"

6 Not allowed!
      He over achieved in his first job. Amazing work there.

He has over achieved in the last season considering the overhaul of that Swansea team. I think people have in their minds that Swansea were in the Championship with their prem squad. 90% went, including the entire spine of the team. He has used youth players this season and done brilliantly.

For those who don't want him, where would he have to come from to be seen as acceptable? I always find the logic of 'needing prem experience' to be a weird one. Nuno at wolves? No experience, did well. Mark Hughes? Loads of experience, rubbish.

If you have strong ideas and have the players to do it, why does it matter if you've done it before? Did Ranieri (a prem WINNER) improve Fulham?
      The Bernie Taupin of the Football Chant world

Quote Originally Posted by Husty View Post
      Not the sharpest tool in the draw are you?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      It would appear to be very much an Ashworth choice but just hope it is not viewed as a good choice if we get relegated to get us back up. I would hope it is designed to avoid the drop in the first place. The one good things it is positive action which will enable him to watch all last season games on video to form a view on the retained list and the possible replacements required.
      That's exactly what I was thinking.

3 Not allowed!
      If that was the case we would of kept Hughton: why would they employ some one on the basis of going down a whole year before that would be possible? Some of the pessimism on here is strange. We have just gone through a streak of over 20 games celebrating a shot, not even on target, and we have derisively got rid of the problem and are now in a strong position to move forward afresh.
      I love lamp.