Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
He definitely hasn't done that. If he had, I doubt Potter would have said 'I'd like to sell Cucurella'.

I'm sure Tony would like to help Potter, but funds are not unlimited.

I doubt Potter did say "i"d like to sell Cucurella " , we are a sustainable club and sometimes it hurts , but Cucu put in a transfer request ! just what were we to do ? .

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
No chance he’d go to Leicester imho. But the thing that keeps me up at night is England having a dreadful WC (likely), at the same time as the Albion riding high and Potter getting lots of plaudits as the best English coach around…

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No chance he’d go to Leicester imho. But the thing that keeps me up at night is England having a dreadful WC (likely), at the same time as the Albion riding high and Potter getting lots of plaudits as the best English coach around…

At least one, most likely both, of Graham Potter and Tony Bloom are going to tell the FA to shove it if they would ask.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018

Pretty sure he’s gone on record saying he’d miss the day to day with a squad. Saying that what an honour and i hear the pay isn’t bad

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
International managerial jobs give next to no time to improve players, turning rocks into diamonds (Biss etc). Which is GP’s strength …. one of several.

Instead requiring winning games on a cup run, tactics on the day. More suited to an inspirational coach such as S.McLaren.

I see GP managing a CL club next.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Yep, the biggest threat to our continued success is Potter getting poached by a richer club. Very rarely does an opposition manager have us sussed out from the kick off, and he gets the very best out of his players.

How significant was that conversation convincing Gross not to move back to Germany?

Flop in the WC and waistcoat gets hounded out, I'm sure FA first choice will be Potter.

rn if he were to leave, I'd go all out to get the Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou, done fanstatic there, in Oz and Japan. Plays great brand of pressing/attacking football and I reckon he might jump at chance to be PL.

Of course, keeping Potter and the whole staff must be the over riding priority and I hope Bloom offers longer contracts, if the worse happens, we could do a lot worse that then current Celtic boss

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Flop in the WC and waistcoat gets hounded out, I'm sure FA first choice will be Potter.

rn if he were to leave, I'd go all out to get the Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou, done fanstatic there, in Oz and Japan. Plays great brand of pressing/attacking football and I reckon he might jump at chance to be PL.

Of course, keeping Potter and the whole staff must be the over riding priority and I hope Bloom offers longer contracts, if the worse happens, we could do a lot worse that then current Celtic boss

GP would likely be candidate no 1, yes. There's going to be a lot of media/public pressure for them to hire Sarina Wiegman, so she might be the backup option.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I doubt Potter did say "i"d like to sell Cucurella " , we are a sustainable club and sometimes it hurts , but Cucu put in a transfer request ! just what were we to do ? .
I think the club made the right decision, but our transfer business looks nothing like "tell me what you want/need it`s yours "

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here