Page 18 of 268 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920212868118 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Tbh I had never heard of him until today, and when I first heard he was the favorite I felt disappointed. But I like what I am hearing. I'd have liked Wenger (perhaps a pipe dream) and Arteta seemed an exciting prospect, but if this guy is good enough for Tony (and Dan), then he is good enough for me.
    - Small, Local, Old, and Particular are almost always better than Big, Global, New, and Abstract. -

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by murciagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      And we would save money by using Gus Poyets old track suits and training tops.
      I have gus's training top, will they want it back?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverhatch View Post
      Not if Ashworth is telling the best and brightest young talent to get to Brighton because it's the gateway to the England squad.
      And everyone knows his sides play decent football. Ive only watched his side when they played City I have to be honest, and its a 1 off but Swansea's football was excellent.
      Time for some proper football, win lose or draw :-)

0 Not allowed!
      Potter could be magical?
      Yet always ready for the odd bit of gardening leave if things go pear shaped

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      My first reaction is no fecking way, what experience does he have at this level?

But then Iím not a gambler

We need to get this appointment right and Iím sure TB will already have someone in mind, but had he already approached him before CH got the tin tack?

The odds being what they are might suggest he has.....
      His Swedish team beat Galatasaray over 2 legs in the Europa League and won matches against Hertha Berlin and Arsenal as they qualified from the group stage. That's not a bad level.

2 Not allowed!
      Tony Bloom and the team don't just sack a manager then sit round the table saying " well lads, who shall we go for as next manager"

Like players they'll have an on going constantly updated list of potential managerial targets in case CH got offered a bigger job suddenly, or left for personal reasons, or as is the case was sacked.

If Potter is their top target then he's been top of the list for a while and homework would have been meticulously carried out on him.
      Fresh Nappies wanted, CASH WAITING!

1 Not allowed!
      All the makings of a glorious failure.

You can rule out Lampard.
      Hope we can locate someone a bit more inspiring.
      The voice of hindsight.
      Bring back Chris Hughton.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Southwest Seagull View Post
      Compared to most owners at this level, TB is Mr Football.

Potter is a massive risk, but an interesting risk. Personally I thought there might be one or two higher calibre managers available to look at, but in their absence he might well be the best pick.

He seems to tick a lot of boxes that TB would want, primarily giving youth a chance and playing in a 'progressive' fashion.

Whoever we appoint, we need to nail our recruitment down, and hopefully a more attacking style rejuvenates a few of the 'duds' we've bought recently (looking at you AJ).

Maybe if we appoint Potter quickly, then we could convince James to come too instead of sitting on UTDs bench.
      I had already thought that someone new might make things different for the likes of Locadia, And one and Jahanbahksh. Hasenhuttl has brought a few of Saints fringe players back in to serious contention.
      "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposing team". Jean-Paul Sartre.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
      His Swedish team beat Galatasaray over 2 legs in the Europa League and won matches against Hertha Berlin and Arsenal as they qualified from the group stage. That's not a bad level.
      I posted not knowing very much at all......but having seen this I am now warming to the idea of a young coach who plays football like it should be played and uses young players.

It could all go totally pear shaped but it looks like we might be getting what I have been crying out for over the last few months.
      Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Fifth Column View Post
      Ticks a lot of boxes for me. Young - 43, English, Intelligent - master's degree in leadership and emotional intelligence, Speaks very well and with an air of authority, adopts various styles of play and tactics he's not Pardew, Allardyce, Moyes, Pulis, Hughes etc
      OK, you've convinced me!
      "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposing team". Jean-Paul Sartre.