Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What was sneering about it? I had to do it for a year when things went tits up in a bad period of my life many years ago. Some people who volunteer at the soup kitchens at Christmas let’s face it they do it to feel good about themselves rest of the year they couldn’t give a flying f.uck. I could say lots about my year of shit but what’s the point everyone seems to know it all.

I wonder how many praising the efforts of senior club members walk on by the homeless or give it the usual they will only buy drugs or alcohol if I give them cash ???

Pretty much every one saw it as 'sneering'. And it beggars belief that if you have been through that experience you then 'sneer' at someone that is trying to raise awareness to help others.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
People who are on the street for a year dont care what reasons people have to help them, they are from my experience happy that someone is willing to help at all.

I call bullshit on your "story".
You are obviously clueless on the subject not all homeless sit on street corners all day many like myself still managed to go to work not everyone has mummies and daddies to fall back on when the going gets tough. Businesses go bust people lose their jobs and eventually their homes it’s not as un common as you would think many many people aren’t that far away from finding out. Unless the government suddenly come up with a huge housing stock nothing really will help.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You are obviously clueless on the subject not all homeless sit on street corners all day many like myself still managed to go to work not everyone has mummies and daddies to fall back on when the going gets tough. Businesses go bust people lose their jobs and eventually their homes it’s not as un common as you would think many many people aren’t that far away from finding out. Unless the government suddenly come up with a huge housing stock nothing really will help.

So were you sleeping on the streets for a year or sofa surfing.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Well done Graham although you probably had an organised safe pitch and have the luxury of scooting back home to heating hot water and a warm bed in the morning. I’m sure the genuine homeless really appreciate it.

that's the spirit! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

do you know how much money he donates to homeless charities?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Never thought I'd see anyone bashing people for doing a bit of charity.

What a time to be alive.

TBH I'm more concerned about everyone else desperate to wap out their baps and give him the bitty he craves.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What was sneering about it? I had to do it for a year when things went tits up in a bad period of my life many years ago. Some people who volunteer at the soup kitchens at Christmas let’s face it they do it to feel good about themselves rest of the year they couldn’t give a flying f.uck. I could say lots about my year of shit but what’s the point everyone seems to know it all.

I wonder how many praising the efforts of senior club members walk on by the homeless or give it the usual they will only buy drugs or alcohol if I give them cash ???

Out of interest, what can Potter do to help out or raise awareness of the issue? I’m asking so that we all know for next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here