Page 150 of 260 FirstFirst ... 50100140147148149150151152153160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2598
    The great escape British Bulldog's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fosters headband View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was that not the time when for some reason CH changed his formation that had gained us 26 points in the time up to December, strange that then it was about the same time Ashworth started and we then only gained another 9 points
    Was that also not the time we had a lack of available wingers?
    She's got her knickers in a twist again

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SeagullCrow View Post
      But is that not the professional thing to do? He is currently employed by Swansea and was conducting a scouting mission that had been arranged and paid for long before this speculation came out. As long as he's in receipt of a pay cheque from Swansea he is contractually bound to fulfil his duties. For what it's worth, his head of recruitment will be coming with him if he does decide to join us.
      Right - so they both went across to Lancing

7 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by NooBHA View Post
      No I will still post. Chris had some good years here and for the most part he is very well thought of still at Brighton amongst the fans
      I'd imagine he's also still very well thought of by the management at BHA. He had 2 great seasons with us in the Championship, and then kept us in the Premier League twice, all while being a classy ambassador for the club. Ultimately it seems as though Bloom has decided he wants a different style of football here, but that takes nothing away from Chris or his legacy here.
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.
      Grey bearded old man Cadiz Seagull's Avatar
      Between Bexhill and Trujillo, Extremadura, Spain

6 Not allowed!
      I'm wondering if Tony has pulled a master stroke in negotiations?

I used to run seminars on negotiating and one of the main points we would get over was try to get the other side to put their cards on the table first.

Whether by design or luck Swansea have done just that. Potter now knows exactly what Swansea will offer.

We'll have a pretty good idea what that is, he may even tell us outright, but at least we'll have a chance to beat whatever it is they are offering.

Canny customer, that Tony Bloom
      If history teaches us anything, it is that history teaches us nothing

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cadiz Seagull View Post
      I'm wondering if Tony has pulled a master stroke in negotiations?

I used to run seminars on negotiating and one of the main points we would get over was try to get the other side to put their cards on the table first.

Whether by design or luck Swansea have done just that. Potter now knows exactly what Swansea will offer.

We'll have a pretty good idea what that is, he may even tell us outright, but at least we'll have a chance to beat whatever it is they are offering.

Canny customer, that Tony Bloom

This is Tony Bloom we're talking about here - it'll definitely be by design

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blockhseagull View Post
      I was just making the point you questioned Ashworth’s arrival to the change of formation

We first went 4-3-3 on 1st December.
      I am just saying results went down hill when Ashworth was supposed to be helping CH keep his job
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SeagullCrow View Post
      But is that not the professional thing to do? He is currently employed by Swansea and was conducting a scouting mission that had been arranged and paid for long before this speculation came out. As long as he's in receipt of a pay cheque from Swansea he is contractually bound to fulfil his duties. For what it's worth, his head of recruitment will be coming with him if he does decide to join us.
      Oh, agreed on this, but hopefully they weren't on a scouting mission for us that night.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      That's impossible now that's he's assured me I can take the piss without having to read his replies.
      it's friday trig, i'm in bits here.

i can't laugh and drink beer at the same time, you're making a simple thing for me very difficult
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by fosters headband View Post
      I am just saying results went down hill when Ashworth was supposed to be helping CH keep his job
      I’m not sure what Ashworth was doing when he first started ... bearing in mind first team coaching and managing was not in Ashworths remit I’m at a loss as to what he could have done.

Also what he could have done to make us play like strangers for the last 3 months of the season.

2 Not allowed!
      Swansea have no Money so Potter cannot invest.
      They are still hand tied with the expensive contracts hand out to Ayew, Bony (expired) Caroll & Montero.
      They have to sell to get wages off the books.
      The new deal from Swansea provides security in length but won’t give him anything to spend.
      It does move the process on as Swansea will know Potters wish if he does not sign it.
      Then it’s Swansea getting as much compensation as possible.