Page 145 of 260 FirstFirst ... 4595135142143144145146147148155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2599

0 Not allowed!
    This is game over now, nothing to see here

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cozzy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Headline says "Swansea City offer Graham Potter transfer assurances as part of bumper new deal in bid to fend off Brighton interest" but only going to semi believe it as they are closest local reporters so should know a bit more than most

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...otter-16292295

Does not say too much inside the article but might be enough to keep him
      Need to remember they have also every intention to sell many of their players again and have a number of pressing financial issues since leaving PL so tough gig to manage..

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bevendean Hillbilly View Post
      I don’t think we will appoint Phil Neville but you cannot seriously dismiss someone with his pedigree as totally unfit to be in our dugout. What are you on mate? He’s got more experience of the pressures and mindset required to succeed at the very top of club and country games than you will ever have.

He’s not some ****ing no mark who played for Southend or Bradford and drifted into management. The guy is a clever, articulate and passionate. If he goes into league management and smashes it I imagine you’ll rush back on here to eat your words?

It really pisses me off that because he manages the national women’s team that he’s just written off as a no hoper.

How did you feel about Southgate getting the England job? Honestly...don’t come back with “I knew he’d turn us around” I’ll bet you didn’t.
      It's not his credentials I have any issue with and I'm certainly not knocking him for his management of the England Woman's team, my issue is I find him to be a detestable and arrogant scummy ****. I can't stand Southgate either, then or now, but that's a different matter. There'll be no easy route in the prem next season either, just saying.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by forumwayseagull View Post
      The other nagging thing with this scenario is have we been played by the Agent? drummed up interest in his client, gets pay rise and stays put (plan all along?)
      This is fact apart from the last bit. I still think Potter wants to meet Brighton if he hasn't already.

I really hope Hughton wasn't fired by Bloom on a promise from an agent.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by lizard View Post
      It's not his credentials I have any issue with and I'm certainly not knocking him for his management of the England Woman's team, my issue is I find him to be a detestable and arrogant scummy ****.
      Based on what ? Out of interest.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
      This is fact apart from the last bit. I still think Potter wants to meet Brighton if he hasn't already.

If Bloom was moved to dismiss CH, it is because he felt CH was no longer the man to take the club forward. If he felt that, then CH was gone - regardless of who may or may not have been in the frame to take over.

CH leaving and the next appointment are two entirely separate considerations.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by forumwayseagull View Post
      Need to remember they have also every intention to sell many of their players again and have a number of pressing financial issues since leaving PL so tough gig to manage..
      As I said yesterday at some point , its whether Potter believes what he is told/promised much like Rafa & Ashleys false promises ... article does mention transfer assurances which I assume to mean they have said money will be available for incomings as well as holding onto certain players.

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      No chance. If Hughton's time was up, then Bloom would have sacked him anyway. He won't have done that based on a 'promise' of bringing in Potter. If we don't get Potter, then Bloom will just move on to the next man on his shortlist.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      No chance. If Hughton's time was up, then Bloom would have sacked him anyway. He won't have done that based on a 'promise' of bringing in Potter. If we don't get Potter, then Bloom will just move on to the next man on his shortlist.
      Yep, Phil Neville.

Oh, the unbridled joy.
      Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey... page 400 at last. Rest ye weary traveller.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Not sure how I feel about this. Was quite keen when he was first mooted, but looks like Swansea are desperate to keep him, and are willing to pay him more and offer assurances over budget etc. If he's happily settled and feels Swansea is a project he can build over a few years without the intense pressure and scrutiny of the PL I can understand why he might want to stay put. He is still young, obviously has confidence in his ability and methods, and there is nothing to say that he won't have other opportunities to manage in the top flight in the future.

Whilst we all love our club, and think it has great facilities, set-up and potential we have to see how it looks from the outside. The set-up and facilities are top drawer, but anyone who has witnessed the football since Christmas can see there is a massive job on their hands with this squad, either refreshing/strengthening it through the transfer market and /or on the training pitch. They will also be aware of the relatively low wage/playing budget we have for the division. Whilst I am confident TB will be increasing these for next year, you have to say, from a neutrals perspective, we are not perhaps the dream job we would hope to be.

That said, there are plenty more managers out of work than in, so I have no doubt there will be plenty of interest as the PL seems to be the league where plenty want to get involved in. Pretty confident Bloom will make the right choice, whether it is Potter or not, too early to say