Page 134 of 260 FirstFirst ... 3484124131132133134135136137144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2598

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure if it's a release clause or just a figure Swansea have come up with as compensation for releasing him from his contract.

It seems that the sticking point now is that we are not prepared to pay the £2m, therefore Swansea haven't permitted talks to start.
    What does it say if B&HA aren't prepared to pay £2,000,000 to bring Potter to The AMEX? Clubs will splash out ten or fifteen million on a player and if it doesn't work shrug their shoulders. Graham Potter could be the most important appointment in the club's history so a million or so seems trivial.
    Manners maketh the gentleman.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Graham Potter

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny RoastBeef View Post
      So are you saying Brian Owen is understood to have spoken to someone? Or that you know he has spoken to someone?
      In writing his story. Yes. I’m sure he’s spoken to as many of his sources as possible.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ROKERITE View Post
      What does it say if B&HA aren't prepared to pay £2,000,000 to bring Potter to The AMEX? Clubs will splash out ten or fifteen million on a player and if it doesn't work shrug their shoulders. Graham Potter could be the most important appointment in the club's history so a million or so seems trivial.
      Probably because it doesn’t say that . Anywhere. There’s no reporting whatsoever that says this is a problem.

3 Not allowed!
      I don't know much but I do know one thing. I've never spent so much time on Wales Online.
      ● A 21-year-old man from Shoreham was arrested at the Amex stadium on suspicion of throwing a pie at Wilfried Zaha ●

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by NooBHA View Post
      You have to look it from Potters point of view and Brighton's point of view. Brighton have to do things above board or they could be heavily fined for it.

If Potter simply jumps ship and fails at Brighton - Who realistically might employ him in the future. Some clubs would but others would see him as disloyal and never employ him, so he would limit himself in the future. He has to do it the correct way as well.

I think things are most likely being done in the right manner. Five days isn't exactly a long time for this process and the fact that it is '' close season'' there isn't a major rush. He will still have family holidays to go on anyhow during the summer.
      Yes this, I'm glad that Potter hasn't kicked off at Swansea to let him come here, to me it's showing that he is a loyal person and wants to give Swansea the benefit of coming up with assurances about the season to come.
      Remember they completely lied to him when he went there so I'm sure he is asking for concrete assurances, possibly written down so they can't go back on their word about budget and selling players. IF he does end up here and does wonders so clubs higher up the chain come calling, I'd like to think he'd give us the same levels of loyalty.
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      Not sure if it's a release clause or just a figure Swansea have come up with as compensation for releasing him from his contract.

It seems that the sticking point now is that we are not prepared to pay the £2m, therefore Swansea haven't permitted talks to start.
      Who says so?

0 Not allowed!
      Im sure we are fully prepared to pay 2m if we want but no harm in a little haggle is there ?

Potter will want the job. I have no doubt about it.
      I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.

0 Not allowed!
      My guess is that Albion must have already had informal contact with Potter before announcing CH's sacking.

This delay is either Potter making up his mind before telling Swansea he wants to leave (or not), or is a negotiating tactic on the part of Swansea to increase the level of compensation.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by albionfan37 View Post
      Very strong rumours that potters as good as our new manager
      Still confident? Heard anything more?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
      Who says so?
      Well, I've made the assumption that given we don't have permission to speak to Potter, we haven't agreed the compensation sum. Is that not a fair enough conclusion at this point?