Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
This guy's name was mentioned before Hughton got the boot, was he not?

Is this just a case of the media/bookies fuelling speculation through fan rumours?

Either way, I'd also much rather this Potter fella rather than someone like Mark Hughes or David Moyes but - if these were the only choices - I would rather have given Hughton more time with the funding and direction to make us more of a goal threat.

Im sure we will not go for Moyes/Hughes etc this really sounds like we are heading for the next stage in the development of the club, not a panic decision at all.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
It’s always all about money

TB gets in a guy who can work with kids, and a progressive manager all in. A manager who is proven to have done well with little investment.

Cos TB knows that he doesn’t want to break his bank investing in £40m players which is really the only way to match the rest of the bottom clubs in the Premier League

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

TB gets in a guy who can work with kids, and a progressive manager all in. A manager who is proven to have done well with little investment.

Cos TB knows that he doesn’t want to break his bank investing in £40m players which is really the only way to match the rest of the bottom clubs in the Premier League

You've continuously posted some stupid shit today, but this is the most. You don't NEED to buy £40m players, but you DO need to use investments better than they have done.

How many £40M players have Southampton, Bournemouth, Burnley, Newcastle, Watford got ?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Glanced at some Swansea forums earlier – the fans there really don't want Potter to go but seem resigned to losing him to Brighton.

Could be a really interesting appointment if it happens, but let's face it, whoever we get is going to be a risk to some degree. I'm just grateful we're highly unlikely to be looking at Pardew/Allardyce/Moyes/Hughes/McLaren and the usual merry-go-round managers.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wonder if people would be more warm to the idea of this guy if he wasn't called Graham Potter.

Casa Alfarero. There you go, he's Spanish now.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

You've continuously posted some stupid shit today, but this is the most. You don't NEED to buy £40m players, but you DO need to use investments better than they have done.

How many £40M players have Southampton, Bournemouth, Burnley, Newcastle, Watford got ?

Perhaps he was quoting £40m as a transfer budget and not as one fee on any one player?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed. I hadn't noticed we had a managerial vacancy, either.

"If your missus died, would you like to shack up with that little bird behind the counter in Woolworths, or do you think she'd be decorative but a bit slapdash with the housework?"

Nobody would ask such a question. . . . .

I spoke too soon there, didn't I :facepalm:

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Ticks a lot of boxes for me. Young - 43, English, Intelligent - master's degree in leadership and emotional intelligence, Speaks very well and with an air of authority, adopts various styles of play and tactics he's not Pardew, Allardyce, Moyes, Pulis, Hughes etc

Agree, I'd have him in a heart beat instead of any of those names mentioned. All dinosaurs and would not take the club forward. More I see and read about this guy the more I like and seems to have good pedigree.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Although does not inspire excitement in me (as yet) I could see the reasoning behind it and would not be totally against his appointment though I think there might be a dark horse in the running we dont know about as is Albions way of normally doing things.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Graham Who?

2642576.main_image.jpg

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

I’m sorry if I offended you. I’m pissed off with events today.

We have a bottom three budget in wages and fees.
So we need to pay higher wages and invest heavily - more than ever.
Whatever manager we have will need more support than CH has had. Maybe not £40m players but much higher than we have paid so far.

But it looks like the club is now obviously going down the youth system / Ashworth / Bloom vision and I don’t think we will see that necessary investment. Hence Potter.

We shall see.....

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Looking through Swansea social media the general consensus is that he's going to be a huge loss. Got them playing great football with what was mostly an under 23 squad. A Norwich fan said they played the best visiting team football seen this season at Carrow Rd. Potter is a yes from me..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here