Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
I like the idea of a young English coach who has an eye on modern game theory, think Eddie Howe, at the outset.
I think he may get more out of the Dutch duffers, because CH was past his best , and seemed to have a downer on the the likes of Andone.
I hope he arrives with his chums.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apparently Swansea have turned down our approach.

swansea.gif

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Is it not a requirement for coaches and managers to have certain levels of badges before they are appointed?
No doubt there are probably examples of the top 6 getting special treatment here though.

Avram Grant didn't hold the Pro Licence when appointed Chelsea manager. The Premier League required it for anything beyond a 12-week caretaker period. Some bloke called Gareth Southgate was made Middlesbrough manager with no coaching qualifications. And was never heard of again. Wait, what ...?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I don't want Potter. There. I've said it. I think he'll be a shit appointment and we'll be looking for a replacement come Christmas - which will leave us high and dry and on the Allardyce/Redknapp scale to survive.

I really do think that Chris realised how shit our attack was given the signings and tried desperately to limit the point loss by focussing on defence.

This is our start on the slippery slide to Championship and lower League obscurity where we deserve. Bloom has made Chris a scapegoat.

Utter shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here