Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I don't recall that at all unless it was just to say "give him a chance before writing him off" as I would about any player. You may be right though, my memory's not what it was although I was certainly never a big fan.

Just don't understand (not just you) all these posts bemoaning A: a manager who we haven't even got yet and who certainly hasn't been given a chance and then B: how the club is going to look amateurish / a shambles etc for not getting him, when nothing's actually happened yet.

It's nonsense, even by NSC standards.

Takes our mind off the loss of Chris Hughton though. Big shoes to fill IMHO.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So plan a declines, plan b likewise... potentially. It’s a mess, the trouble is I don’t think we’re a massively attractive prospect, not without holding onto our actual legit stars and investing heavily. You have to remember how well CH was respected in the LMA etc... kind of, shit... if he can’t make it work... could I?

That and Bloom sacking CH when and how he did, is hardly a ringing endorsement for the incoming manager is it?

Potter may not work out, i have no problem with that prediction, and i well remember the last time you were this adamant about someone being a mistake it was Suttner so we may get to test your premonitions a second time..

.. but to say we're not an attractive proposition is ridiculous. Only 20 clubs in the richest domestic league in the world, only another 10 or so European megaliths, we're desirable all right.....

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I may have missed it somewhere, more than likely, but have the club actually said they want Potter? Or is this a story created by those in the know?

I think it’s mostly a story created by his odds on being our next Manager slashed to 1/8 the evening before Hughton’s dismissal was announced, and kept running by every paper, TV station, blogger and fan saying that we want him.

I’m a facts-based kind of guy, but even I’m starting to think there may be something in this rumour. (Of us wanting him, not that we’ll necessarily get him)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
SSN reporting that Potter is undecided on the move As he just moved his fam to Swansea.

If Bloom screws this up it will be a massive error.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well they can stay in Swansea as if he does take the job he'll be back home by Christmas.

(Sorry, just being gratuitously negative)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Embarrassing, why? They might interview him and decide they don't want him anyway.

I very much doubt they thought 'it's Hughton or Potter'. TB et al decided that CH wasn't the man for the job but letting him go wouldn't have been contingent on them getting Potter. They will have a decent list of names (of which it appears Potter heads) I'm sure

This.

Sometimes I am staggered by the naivety of some people.

Actually, scrub that. I am constantly amazed by the naivety of most people.

The thing that concerns me, though, is how will racist Brighton be able to argue against a points deduction, and how will the club ever repay the illegal loans that the chairman has made to offset the record low attendances at the white elephant that should never have been built in such an area of outstanding national beauty. Fact.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Pot...

pot2.jpg

Dot...

dot.jpg

Just saying.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be honest I doubt Potter will decline the offer, if one is made.

And if he does there will be a dossier as thick as your nut on possible alternatives. To manage in the Premier League is the ambition of any football coach in the world, so we won't be short of amazing candidates.

This.

Think I'll go and read another thread now :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a big decision given how recently he moved countries. The countryside around Swansea is gorgeous. He's obviously already idolised there.
If he genuinely feels he can get Swansea up next season he might not want to take this risk.
The fact that he will triple or even quadruple his current salary overnight will make this decision easier to make I think. As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has alluded to, it is probably really all about meeting Swansea's compensation demands if they are palatable to us. It may not happen and if it doesn't I suspect it will be more down to our club not meeting Swansea's demands than any romantic notion that Potter has about a project at what is unfortunately his current potless club.

Sent from my SM-J610FN using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
everyone needs to relax about a plan B. Vacancy has only been there since Monday.

If no one in mind , ask for applications and find a manager , we have time and isn't an issue.

Hope Potter doesn't want it

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There was talk that Potter felt let down by Swansea too, as he was promised investment in players that never materialised so I don't think all is as cosy as we might think.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
You know, Tony knows, good business.

When the price is right and settled he will be here.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
everyone needs to relax about a plan B. Vacancy has only been there since Monday.

If no one in mind , ask for applications and find a manager , we have time and isn't an issue.

Hope Potter doesn't want it

Unlikely he wont want a prem league Job... the opportunity might not come round again for some time...

Especially at such a well run club with some money to spend and a full pre season and window to go shopping..

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
SSN reporting that Potter is undecided on the move As he just moved his fam to Swansea.

If Bloom screws this up it will be a massive error.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
It's hard enough for an English manager to get a PL job without getting a side promoted.

Get his family to Brighton for a day out in the sun. Tell his wife about the pay rise.

I think, if offered, they'll take it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unlikely he wont want a prem league Job... the opportunity might not come round again for some time...

Especially at such a well run club with some money to spend and a full pre season and window to go shopping..

The palace job might come up soon.

"Here's where we might have a new stand".
"No we're not actually doing anything to the rest of it"...

... "Oh and here's where we might have a new training facility"
"we look upon them more as pets than vermin"...

..."no he'll be gone soon"
"and him"...

..."We could keep Bentacky, if you want"...

..."Ok, when might you call me back, I do hope to get someone else interested".

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Swansea have played some filthy football this season under Potter football we could only dream of under Hughton. 10 passes and the balls in the net.

Heard he wants to bring Dan James with him to Albion good times ahead .

Is that like the football BRIGHTON sometimes played in the Championship? Under Chris Hughton? And the Dan James who is seemingly on his way to Old Trafford? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here