Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
"But that match seems to have been a turning point because their record since then is awful.

They’ve played 22 league games since that goal-less draw at the DW Stadium, conceding 36 goals. Only four teams in the entire division have conceded more in that period and three of them are currently in the relegation zone"

Not sure I'd call it interesting. Worrying, yes. Our Achilles heal is letting in goals on the break.

Oh yes just a little. Certainly the style of play seems akin to that which was used by Sammi. Of course no telling how he will approach things with us in the PL. Interesting times.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
How is recruitment going to work in the Potter era? He’s reportedly going to bring Kyle Macauley, his recruitment Analyst, as part of his backroom staff. How will that work with Paul Winstanley? On the face of it, there seems to be a duplication of roles...

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
How is recruitment going to work in the Potter era? He’s reportedly going to bring Kyle Macauley, his recruitment Analyst, as part of his backroom staff. How will that work with Paul Winstanley? On the face of it, there seems to be a duplication of roles...

“Analyst” is a very different role to “Head of”, however GP clearly and correctly wants people he knows and can trust

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
“Analyst” is a very different role to “Head of”, however GP clearly and correctly wants people he knows and can trust

I like the fact that his trusted recruitment expert would be part of the package. It seems like a smart model for managers who genuinely want real input and alignment with the vast scouting/analysis teams most top level sides have in place.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
A quick scan of Swansea forums shows a mix of good wishes and anger the latter for example

“Why has he left for a similar sized club”

“We have better more flexible players than them”

“West Ham, Everton but King Brighton”

I always wondered how realistic Twin Town was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let's be honest for the last 10 years they've been a bigger club. The perils of relegation. Anyone in the prem is instantly more attractive.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Let's be honest for the last 10 years they've been a bigger club. The perils of relegation. Anyone in the prem is instantly more attractive.

Unfortunately for them it appears they're heading for oblivion at the hands of foreign asset strippers. Thank God for Tony Bloom.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It was only ever temporarily. We are a far bigger club and always have been.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Really? Most of the years we were in division 3 south they were in division two. They have spent more years in the top flight than we have, and have finished higher in it than we ever have - and have qualified for Europe. Yes, they've had their bad times too, but have never been groundless or in the position of having to travel 70 miles for a home match played at somebody else's ground.

But carry on .........................

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Last edited:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Since the war:

Division 2: Albion- 21 seasons, Swansea City- 28 seasons
Division 1: Albion- 6 seasons Swansea City: 9 seasons

Prior to the war Albion were in Division 3 South and Swansea City were mostly in Division 2.

Major Honours: Swansea City- League Cup 2013, Albion- None

Highest positions: Swansea City- 3rd Division 1 1981, Albion-13th- Division 1 1982.

Europe (excluding Welsh Cup qualification) Swansea City 1 (2012/13- Europa League last 32) Albion 0

Historically they are above us in achievements.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
"But that match seems to have been a turning point because their record since then is awful.

They’ve played 22 league games since that goal-less draw at the DW Stadium, conceding 36 goals. Only four teams in the entire division have conceded more in that period and three of them are currently in the relegation zone"

Not sure I'd call it interesting. Worrying, yes. Our Achilles heal is letting in goals on the break.

If you read it, it says goals are due to individual errors. Their players are not good enough. Inevitable we will leak goals if playing more open football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm scared. I miss Chris.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A quick scan of Swansea forums shows a mix of good wishes and anger the latter for example

“Why has he left for a similar sized club”

“We have better more flexible players than them”
Burnley aren't bigger than us, but we understood when Stephens wanted to leave us to get in the PL, that's just the way it is. If they really do have better players than us though, Potter must be shit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here