Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have just read the HYS under the BBC article. I know I shouldn't, it is depressing, Not because of what they are saying "hope they get relegated", "why replace Houghton" (yes spelt wrong) but that every time I read these posts on any articles I realise how depressingly thick and bitter a portion of the population is.

To me a clever person is someone who realises they don't know everything. A thick person is too thick to realise they don't know everything and spouts rubbish as fact.

:lolol: We have plenty like that on here. But far fewer than 10 or 20 years ago. Things are improving. But there will always be twunts.

And exhale.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
so they've been watching him throughout Hughton's tenure......odd ?
Not really odd, you never know when your manager might quit for a better job, or go on a bad run and lose the confidence of the dressing room etc. It's also a good idea to know what other managers are doing, what style and tactics they're using, so you can keep up to date, and know when there are better alternatives to what you have.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Not really odd, you never know when your manager might quit for a better job, or go on a bad run and lose the confidence of the dressing room etc. It's also a good idea to know what other managers are doing, what style and tactics they're using, so you can keep up to date, and know when there are better alternatives to what you have.

And have you seen how fast the buses in Brighton go?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But only one manager who was worth the gamble of losing Hughton.
I understand that's your view, I think you're probably wrong. That's ok, we're allowed to disagree.
It had to be a manager with a whole system, that is tried and tested, from youth to senior, and which can be implemented immediately.
I don't disagree there, but if you'd asked me 2 weeks ago what manager could have done that (who would also be interested in joining us), I wouldn't have known, but that didn't mean there weren't any. Similarly now, there are presumably other managers that would fit the bill, we just don't know who they are. But Potter was clearly their first choice, so it's great they got their man.

D

Deleted member 2719

We now have the right structure in place.

I like this Potter already and he inspired me from the off.

Can't wait to see how he adapts our players and squad, exciting times ahead.

Well done Mr Bloom for having the nous to bring him in.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Let's hope the opening player discussion doesn't go along the lines of " we've got these two expensive turds from Holland that will require some serious polishing as we cannot afford to offload at a loss ".

Or maybe he will be informed about our attacking players who Hughton refused to allow to play in their natural style/positions.

Let's defer judgement until they get some better coaching shall we?

This could be a great move for our club. Sounds like he has bottle at least, unlike the last bloke.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Having now read countless replies to the original dumb comment, it may help to put this into perspective.

Employing a bloke to manage your football club is not the same as having a wife. You are allowed, as an owner, to scope around and idly consider the equivalent of "would I like to have her sit on my face?". Fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
https://www.westsussextoday.co.uk/s...otter-reveals-summer-transfer-plans-1-8934387

Well our new man has started off in the right fashion. He believes he is starting with a clean slate and says he wants to make best out of squad and doesn't feel like we need a squad overhaul..(typical manager speak)

However he also mentions the need in every window to improve the group etc...

Nice to hear he hasn't slaughtered the current team, however I am sure behind closed doors the recruitment team are working flat out to provide possible players for the Potter revolution.....

exciting times ahead..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Revelation 7: "I saw a new Heaven and a New Earth, and a new Dutch scoring sensation." It's right there in black and white.

Have we had a thread dedicated to New Testament bantz? Hijack time!

Laodicea: From this church, those who overcome will be granted the opportunity to sit with the Son of God on His throne. (3:14–22)

If that isn't a sing, I've clearly not eaten all my manna today. It's Big Jurgs,innit? ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
https://www.westsussextoday.co.uk/s...otter-reveals-summer-transfer-plans-1-8934387

Well our new man has started off in the right fashion. He believes he is starting with a clean slate and says he wants to make best out of squad and doesn't feel like we need a squad overhaul..(typical manager speak)

However he also mentions the need in every window to improve the group etc...

Nice to hear he hasn't slaughtered the current team, however I am sure behind closed doors the recruitment team are working flat out to provide possible players for the Potter revolution.....
Like you say, typical manager speak. Bloom hasn't spent several million changing manager and associated staff without intending to also invest at least some in players too, and it goes without saying that he's not going to be funding a completely new starting 11.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Have we had a thread dedicated to New Testament bantz? Hijack time!

Laodicea: From this church, those who overcome will be granted the opportunity to sit with the Son of God on His throne. (3:14–22)

If that isn't a sing, I've clearly not eaten all my manna today. It's Big Jurgs,innit? ???

John 11:35!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here