Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think we will go down anyway. The transition, whether 'big bang' or incremental, is not going to be easy. Despite the success of staying up, felt emotionally flat when leaving the Amex last Sunday. After an 'orrible season, getting mojo back.

Let’s wait to see who the club sign first. I reckon they’ll finally deal with the glaring deficiencies of next to no pace, little creativity in ACM and having to rely on a veteran to score PL goals.

Exciting times ahead.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If anything it is more "wow" than Poyet. Both play a similar style but Poyet had less experience. Potter has managed in the championship, Poyet was just an assistant.

No. This feels a bit "meh". Going backwards for a Championship manager.

Poyet was all excitement at the time. Going forwards with an unknown quantity but with flair (especially to what had gone before).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well I for one am looking forward to getting back to playing a good possession based football style. I have miased it a lot since we switch to Hughton. He is a superb manager but I just prefer other styles of play, so am happy we are heading back that way.

I’d also be happy with fast counter attacking tactics, where we mug possession based teams. CP and Wolves are masters at this.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I’m also happy with fast counter attacking tactics, where we mugs possession based teams. CP and Wolves are masters at this.

My thoughts too. Fantastic to watch us cut a team apart in 30 seconds.
We were very good at this in the Championship and first season in the Prem, but fleetingly so last year. Murray, Knockaert and Andone vs Palace spring to mind.
We soaked up a lot of possession vs Wolves, Everton & West Ham at home too.
But that's about it.
Suspect Izquierdo's absence was telling as he provided the pacey outlet in the first season.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
English manager, European pedigree and emphasis on developing young players, seems a worthwhile gamble and Mr Bloom is a better gambler than all of us on here. Also it’s his money that’s being gambled. Time to put faith in his judgement.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he's got any sense his first job will be to ban Propper from the hairdressers.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Really hope this happens. Exciting times if he puts pen to paper. Of course it is a gamble, but Chris had taken us us far as he could and Tony wants more than repeated dogged determination to avoid the drop...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Different style but not sure an improvement.

Happy to be proved wrong.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk
Hughtons style was sadly taking us down. I'm looking forward to a change. Was ambivalent to whether Hughton stayed or went but certainly looking forward to next season much more than I would have been if we had kept Chris

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fantastic news, I am so excited about this appointment. Can’t wait for the season to start now, we’re going places.

I can wait, as I’m looking forward to some quality players signings too.

Plus it will interesting to see who Potter, Ashworth and Kyle Macaulay deem surplus to requirements in our current squad.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Come on Kosh, I was a huge Hughton fan but as Brighton supporters we must be a little excited our team is going to be managed in a different way and with different ideas. It may not work but it's happening let's get involved.....pleeeeease

If we can't be optimistic now, on a glorious spring day before the transfer window has opened and the players have even jetted off on their hols, then when can we be!?!?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
who would be you preference?

Now there’s a question....as one who is still getting over the loss of CH, I’ve not given it much thought...particularly as the club were dead set on Potter and possibly two others...as said i am glad they weren’t looking at the likes of Hughes etc...after all what would be the point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here