Page 215 of 260 FirstFirst ... 115165205212213214215216217218225 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2598

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is recruitment going to work in the Potter era? He’s reportedly going to bring Kyle Macauley, his recruitment Analyst, as part of his backroom staff. How will that work with Paul Winstanley? On the face of it, there seems to be a duplication of roles...
    Same thought occurred to me. Is Winstanley on the way out? Similar thing happened when Sammi H went..

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Have we got Potter then, seems the case reading these latter posts and I can’t be bothered to troll through every page.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by OzMike View Post
      Have we got Potter then, seems the case reading these latter posts and I can’t be bothered to troll through every page.
      in talks

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by OzMike View Post
      BBC reporting he has left Swansea so seems a fair assumption at this point but not confirmed by us... Yet.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
      Let's not try and rewrite history. That L1 relegation team had made the playoffs the previous season. Yes, he turned things around but it's not like he had nothing to work with.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
      Absolutely This, previous TWO seasons if I recall correctly?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by father_and_son View Post
      BBC reporting he has left Swansea so seems a fair assumption at this point but not confirmed by us... Yet.
      Could have been hijacked by ‘Boro or WBA.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by One Teddy Maybank View Post
      Don’t think Stephens would struggle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      One of his core strengths is playing to the manager’s instruction. I suspect he’ll be asked to press higher up the pitch than he is used to, quicken up transition with forward thinking one touch passes and take a few more shots on goal. I think he’ll be fine, but it will be interesting to see who he has alongside him.
      :guitar:

1 Not allowed!
      I have to admit to being nervous about the appointment of Graham Potter it's a huge step up and against opposition that can tear you apart. Not knowing anything about his style of play I have spent a while looking at videos of Swansea's performances last season and Indeed the team as a whole bomb forward and are encouraged to shoot for almost anywhere but equally their defensive line was all over the place and at our level teams will punish us for that.

I also watched some videos from his time in Sweden and his Chairman there was a young forward thinking type of guy not unlike our Tony who said and I quote "we always win even when we loose we win because we learn somthing from every experience" now I think he has not had the same Chairman manager relationship at Swansea while still getting a team of relatively unknown players to perform, I can see we have the set up here that might just suite his ethos, time will tell how the other premier league teams cope with his style of play.

Finally we have a great fan base but we like other clubs have many unrealistic twats who expectations far beyond reality who were calling for Houghtons head, please you got what you wanted let's all get behind Potter and the team and stop the barracking from the stands UTA
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      Dale Stephens’ first ever forward pass will be a milestone moment.
      Don’t you get to many Albion games?
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff
      Wanna balloon? Johnny RoastBeef's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      One of his core strengths is playing to the manager’s instruction. I suspect he’ll be asked to press higher up the pitch than he is used to, quicken up transition with forward thinking one touch passes and take a few more shots on goal. I think he’ll be fine, but it will be interesting to see who he has alongside him.
      Agreed, also Potter puts a huge amount of effort into building player confidence. His oddball ballet and rap sessions are all about putting players out of their comfort zones.

Dale will benefit from this a lot, he has the ability but sometimes looks like he opts not to play an incisive pass for fear of giving the ball away.

Potter also looks to transition quickly from back to front. This is something our current squad can do, but seemed reluctant to do in recent months.
      "Johnny RoastBeef had to keep them all tied up and away from the alarms"