Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
been offered a new and improved contract at Swansea in a bid to stop him coming to us

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Means little as the deal we'll be offering him will almost certainly be better than what they can offer in financial terms. What he wants are assurances that money can be spent. If he'd been given those, surely this would have been put to bed

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
See, now that convinced me he’ll come to us.

Otherwise Swansea would have announced that he had signed an improved deal.

And he would have already have come out and said he was happy at Swansea

Thank God it’s not our Phil.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This improved contract - just goes to prove that Swansea rate him, not much else. Unless they've put him on Premier league money or something close, I fail to see what difference it will make to anything. :shrug:

That Bielsa could do a job anyway, and I dare say there are few others across Europe who fancy giving the Prem a whirl...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It is SO much fun being an Albion fan.

Must confess when I saw that we were after Potter I thought it would be a formality. Puts me in mind of the Coppell to Reading saga. The difference being that we basically pushed him out of the door for the compensation. I think he would have stayed with the small club if we’d tried to keep him. I feel this is going the same way as Coppell should have done.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The other nagging thing with this scenario is have we been played by the Agent? drummed up interest in his client, gets pay rise and stays put (plan all along?)

Don't think it is the pay rise that would interest Potter, it will be more about the money invested in the team to allow him to bring his vision to fruition. For once we are in the front seat regarding wages, we can pay him more. Have Swansea made the job interesting enough for him to stay.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Don't think it is the pay rise that would interest Potter, it will be more about the money invested in the team to allow him to bring his vision to fruition. For once we are in the front seat regarding wages, we can pay him more. Have Swansea made the job interesting enough for him to stay.

Very true and we are PL etc so many pluses to this one....still hopeful

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Headline says "Swansea City offer Graham Potter transfer assurances as part of bumper new deal in bid to fend off Brighton interest" but only going to semi believe it as they are closest local reporters so should know a bit more than most

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-offer-graham-potter-16292295

Does not say too much inside the article but might be enough to keep him

Need to remember they have also every intention to sell many of their players again and have a number of pressing financial issues since leaving PL so tough gig to manage..

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I don’t think we will appoint Phil Neville but you cannot seriously dismiss someone with his pedigree as totally unfit to be in our dugout. What are you on mate? He’s got more experience of the pressures and mindset required to succeed at the very top of club and country games than you will ever have.

He’s not some ****ing no mark who played for Southend or Bradford and drifted into management. The guy is a clever, articulate and passionate. If he goes into league management and smashes it I imagine you’ll rush back on here to eat your words?

It really pisses me off that because he manages the national women’s team that he’s just written off as a no hoper.

How did you feel about Southgate getting the England job? Honestly...don’t come back with “I knew he’d turn us around” I’ll bet you didn’t.

It's not his credentials I have any issue with and I'm certainly not knocking him for his management of the England Woman's team, my issue is I find him to be a detestable and arrogant scummy ****. I can't stand Southgate either, then or now, but that's a different matter. There'll be no easy route in the prem next season either, just saying.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The other nagging thing with this scenario is have we been played by the Agent? drummed up interest in his client, gets pay rise and stays put (plan all along?)
This is fact apart from the last bit. I still think Potter wants to meet Brighton if he hasn't already.

I really hope Hughton wasn't fired by Bloom on a promise from an agent.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's not his credentials I have any issue with and I'm certainly not knocking him for his management of the England Woman's team, my issue is I find him to be a detestable and arrogant scummy ****.

Based on what ? Out of interest.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is fact apart from the last bit. I still think Potter wants to meet Brighton if he hasn't already.

If Bloom was moved to dismiss CH, it is because he felt CH was no longer the man to take the club forward. If he felt that, then CH was gone - regardless of who may or may not have been in the frame to take over.

CH leaving and the next appointment are two entirely separate considerations.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Need to remember they have also every intention to sell many of their players again and have a number of pressing financial issues since leaving PL so tough gig to manage..

As I said yesterday at some point , its whether Potter believes what he is told/promised much like Rafa & Ashleys false promises ... article does mention transfer assurances which I assume to mean they have said money will be available for incomings as well as holding onto certain players.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

No chance. If Hughton's time was up, then Bloom would have sacked him anyway. He won't have done that based on a 'promise' of bringing in Potter. If we don't get Potter, then Bloom will just move on to the next man on his shortlist.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
No chance. If Hughton's time was up, then Bloom would have sacked him anyway. He won't have done that based on a 'promise' of bringing in Potter. If we don't get Potter, then Bloom will just move on to the next man on his shortlist.

Yep, Phil Neville.

Oh, the unbridled joy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here