Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The club hasn't commented publicly on the recruitment of the manager at all. If they've said anything , then its in private to journalists who have reported it. Who if its Brian Owen or the Argus , then it won't be "guesses"
If this and if that. Maybe it wasn't a guess, maybe it was. Why are you trying to argue that it's a fact direct from the club, when you don't know?
Correct. Knowing the Telegraph sports editors, their writer will have taken a guess on the basis that if he was wrong then nobody would remember (ignorant as they are of how long NSC memories can be) and if he was right he would be a genius. Some editors are as impatient as one or two on here and want a definitive answer NOW, when there often isn't one.
So the Telegraph makes things up, but the Argus doesn't? The Argus has got plenty spectacularly wrong before, so why are you so confident they don't make guesses or assumptions now?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yay, I still think it’s a gamble but thank **** it’s not Neville

Why isn’t Andy Naylor all over it though?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yay, I still think it’s a gamble but thank **** it’s not Neville

I’d have kept CH and done some recruitment for his 4-4-1-1 rather than getting in another manager to suit the players we already have but TB is in charge and is a gambler.

We’ll either be 10th or 20th.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’d have kept CH and done some recruitment for his 4-4-1-1 rather than getting in another manager to suit the players we already have but TB is in charge and is a gambler.

We’ll either be 10th or 20th.

A change of set up is what is my motivation here, of course it could all go wrong but I’m 100% in favour of changing what we’ve been watching this season.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
If a premier league club wanted to trigger the release clause in Chris Hughton's contract back when we just missed out on that championship to premier league campaign.

We would be doing the same as Swansea trying to keep him. So either CH isn't as highly rated as Potter. Or we are just taking a really dumb chance..

A question for those football buffs on here. Who was the last Premier league team to sack there manager and hire one from a championship team..?
Or was there even one.?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here