Page 70 of 262 FirstFirst ... 20606768697071727380120170 ... LastLast
    My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exciting to who?
    The baying crowd on NSC of course.
    Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
      I was saying yesterday, there is seemingly no plan b... great. For me you never sack anyone based on the assumption your primary target will simply say show me the money...

I have a bad feeling about this whole episode.

It’s going to be a classic Albion shambles... probably end up reappointing CH.
      I don't, sacking Hughton for footballing reasons was the right call. We're going to be a pretty attractive option to a good many up and coming managers. Chill out...... This is the chance for Potter to manage in the PL, I'd be pretty hopeful Potter wants it, it's just the Mrs needs pursuading and for that Bloom needs to get her down here and give her the red carpet treatment, places at the school of choice and a long contract.

If Bloom really wants him, I'd be surprised if he didn't get him. It's Potters Agents job to get the best deal so of course he will play a little hard to get.

And there will be a plan B, but what should Bloom say "I want potter but if he says No you're next"

He will say, he interviewed a selection of candidates and X was the outstanding. They'll be others for sure
      Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny RoastBeef View Post
      Again with the negativity, how do you know there is no plan B? Ridiculous statement.
      So plan a declines, plan b likewise... potentially. It’s a mess, the trouble is I don’t think we’re a massively attractive prospect, not without holding onto our actual legit stars and investing heavily. You have to remember how well CH was respected in the LMA etc... kind of, shit... if he can’t make it work... could I?

That and Bloom sacking CH when and how he did, is hardly a ringing endorsement for the incoming manager is it?
      Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey... page 400 at last. Rest ye weary traveller.

1 Not allowed!
      I was saying yesterday, there is seemingly no plan b... great. For me you never sack anyone based on the assumption your primary target will simply say show me the money...

This idea too, that it’s simply a question of money is bollocks, if he’s a family man - and his kids matter to him and they’re happy... he won’t come, no chance... he’ll be well paid as it is. This and if he feels unready as it were, well smart move by him... gone up a notch in my book.

More chance appointing bensgrandad that TB going back on a decision
      its everyone else not me

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
      How can it be anything other than made up when we haven’t even spoken to Potter yet let alone given him the job.
      Indeed.
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SeagullCrow View Post
      Given the very large gamble that Bloom is taking here, one would think that he intends to invest significantly in the recruitment of new players. We all knew that this summer was going to be an incredibly important transfer window, even prior to Chris leaving. Bloom has even more riding on it now, and I see this as a period of revolution rather than evolution. That must be quite attractive to any young manager looking to put his own stamp on a Premier League side.
      The noises about him not wanting to relocate again may throw a big spanner in the works. I will be shocked if this was not known by the board before they made this move though. I’m going to dismiss this as bullshit until it happens.
      Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi

1 Not allowed!

This idea too, that it’s simply a question of money is bollocks, if he’s a family man - and his kids matter to him and they’re happy... he won’t come, no chance... he’ll be well paid as it is. This and if he feels unready as it were, well smart move by him... gone up a notch in my book.

He is a family man and according to a Swansea blog I listened to today about the situation he thought long and hard before uprooting his family from Sweden, where his son was very happy and was very unhappy to leave. This is by no means a done deal but shirley we must have enough plus's on our side to make it work (training centre, ground, premier league status, budget for players, existing player strengths, sussex by the sea, salary (probably doubled?), length of contract, quality of local schools etc etc etc)
      برايتون حتى أموت

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by the right footed denilson View Post
      It's gonna look awful embrassing. I assumed they'd have sounded him out prior to sacking Chris.
      Embarrassing, why? They might interview him and decide they don't want him anyway.

I very much doubt they thought 'it's Hughton or Potter'. TB et al decided that CH wasn't the man for the job but letting him go wouldn't have been contingent on them getting Potter. They will have a decent list of names (of which it appears Potter heads) I'm sure
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny RoastBeef View Post
      Again with the negativity, how do you know there is no plan B? Ridiculous statement.
      Plan Bruno?
      Not actually Dale Jasper Dale Jasper's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      By sacking houghton, It’s pretty clear our owner doesn’t want another season of scraping through.
      I’m sure he realises that means forking Out.
      Exciting times are on the way with or without potter.
      “With all due respect to Brighton, who the **** are Brighton?” Troopz, Arsenal Fan TV