Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Tony Bloom is a businessman not a football man.

Well that is a good job because I don't know of many 'football men' putting £300M+ into football clubs

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Not quite Sam Matterface best ever tweet though... (He meant to send that DM to Natalie Sawyer)

BqmRAaIIgAEK_LJ.jpg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hmmm. Anyone remember when we were after Jim Gannon of Stockport? Then we also apparently after Paul Clement? (Who interestingly ended up at Swansea). They both had 'future football managerial great' reputations and we were disappointed when we didn't get them - and they both proved to be duds.

Potter is a huge risk, and I won't be disappointed if it turns out to be just paper talk.

Oh, and feel free to bounce this thread if we do appoint him and we end up in the Champions' League! I'll be only too happy to apologise!

EDIT: I will add a caveat though: I'd much rather have him than the likes of Pardew or Hughes.

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I'm completely sold. I read about him last year, how he gets the best out of each player in very different ways, and how he even got his swedish team to put on a play for the local community. He's a little crazy, I want him. Now please, thanks.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Every manager is a risk. You have NO IDEA how they will do until you give them the tools.

If Potter's style and vision has impressed the club then that's fine by me.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Would having a manager like Potter be a possible turn off for potential new signings?

Has he not managed and won in the Champions League?

EDIT: Was EUROPA league

I know what you're saying, and a big name manager might sway players looking at top clubs, but down our end I presume its about money and how a manger sees that player fitting in.

Another reason I thinK CH was let go, I mean who would want to play in our current system.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My first reaction is no fecking way, what experience does he have at this level?

But then I’m not a gambler

We need to get this appointment right and I’m sure TB will already have someone in mind, but had he already approached him before CH got the tin tack?

The odds being what they are might suggest he has.....

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
What? They have pretty much no players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They sold most of their first team last summer - he's exactly the type of manager I would love at the Albion. What he did at Ostersund was unbelievable. And he's managed to beat one of the top six away from home.....

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Has he not managed and won in the Champions League?

EDIT: Was EUROPA league

I know what you're saying, and a big name manager might sway players looking at top clubs, but down our end I presume its about money and how a manger sees that player fitting in.

Another reason I thinK CH was let go, I mean who would want to play in our current system.

All fair points.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
They sold most of their first team last summer - he's exactly the type of manager I would love at the Albion. What he did at Ostersund was unbelievable. And he's managed to beat one of the top six away from home.....

No he is not , he has done nothing to suggest he would make a decent PL manager

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Ticks a lot of boxes for me. Young - 43, English, Intelligent - master's degree in leadership and emotional intelligence, Speaks very well and with an air of authority, adopts various styles of play and tactics he's not Pardew, Allardyce, Moyes, Pulis, Hughes etc

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Tony Bloom is a businessman not a football man.

That's nonsense. The whole family are through and through Abion fans - and always have been. His grandfather died on the team coach on the way to Stoke. He's invested an incredible sum of money in the club and stadium. He turns up at many away games.

What's more with his background he knows how to play the percentages. I'd say that he's more of a football man than many, if not most on here. Compare that to the Amercians, Chinese and Russians who own most of the other Premier League clubs...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here