Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
3-5-2 could suit us very well. March would be excellent on the left and Bernardo was usually a RB/RWB I thought before being brought here to learn a new position at LB?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I had already thought that someone new might make things different for the likes of Locadia, And one and Jahanbahksh. Hasenhuttl has brought a few of Saints fringe players back in to serious contention.

Its true, the likes of Redmond, Long and Ward -Prowse were re-born under a new style/manager

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Anyone have any views on Graham Potter(Swansea manager)

Seems to be building up quite the reputation as a coach who plays great football on a tight budget with the ability to bring through young players. The Swansea fans LOVE him.

It could almost be argued that he would be the perfect fit for a club like Brighton now that Ashworth has come in ......

IF Hughton decides he's had enough at the end of the season and we part on good terms would you consider this guy to be a good fit for the Albion?

PS interesting that a few people on twitter have been asking bookies for the price on him becoming next Albion boss.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Psychic or ITK [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] :bowdown:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
3-5-2 could suit us very well. March would be excellent on the left and Bernardo was usually a RB/RWB I thought before being brought here to learn a new position at LB?

No. He's incredibly left footed.
March prefers to play on the right and, I think, could make an excellent wingback at some point.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
To Stop Right Now - Spice Girls

Potter wow
Thank you very much, although we would prefer if you were duuuuutch
Hey you, managed Osterunds
Now you've come to Brighton to have some fun

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I wonder if people would be more warm to the idea of this guy if he wasn't called Graham Potter.

Do you think he'd mind if we call him Grahamino Potterino?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I wonder if people would be more warm to the idea of this guy if he wasn't called Graham Potter.

It's a bit shit admittedly, but then I always used to struggle with the concept of Graham Taylor as England manager while Gordon Taylor was at the same time at the PFA, not to mention Graham Turner then managing at Wolves.

Maybe Grahamino Potterino would be better

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Yeah, we should go for that young Italian manager, Gramani Potterini.

EDIT: Oh bugger, late to the party. Everyone else has done cod foreign names as well.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Interestingly though, Swansea are good – or at least they’re interesting. The season is just four games old, but they remain unbeaten and, a dour draw with Birmingham aside, have been exciting to watch. Never more so than on Tuesday night, when they held surging Leeds to a draw at the Liberty Stadium and, arguably, did enough to win.

Nice article, rest is here: https://www.tifofootball.com/features/are-swansea-city-really-now-playing-against-themselves/

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I posted not knowing very much at all......but having seen this I am now warming to the idea of a young coach who plays football like it should be played and uses young players.

It could all go totally pear shaped but it looks like we might be getting what I have been crying out for over the last few months.

Agreed. He'd already taken that team, Ostersund, from the 3rd Division to win the title. That's how they got into Europe. It's a risk - but not a complete flier. That's if he's the one we're after. I would have thought Dan Ashworth has stronger links with Phil Neville (but Potter did play for West Brom a long time back).

The win over Arsenal incidentally was in the KO stage of the Europa League. They lost the tie on aggregate but, still, great effort.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
To Stop Right Now - Spice Girls

Potter wow
Thank you very much, although we would prefer if you were duuuuutch
Hey you, managed Osterunds
Now you've come to Brighton to have some fun

Genius! [emoji23] Possibly missing one syllable in the last line but a minor quibble.

I thought you would have exhausted your 90’s pop collection by now but apparently not! [emoji23]

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bold move if he does join us but I'd much prefer somebody like this than one of the magic roundabout managers who are employed by clubs in desperate situations, Mr Bloom invariably knows what he's doing so we shall see

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
This guy's name was mentioned before Hughton got the boot, was he not?

Is this just a case of the media/bookies fuelling speculation through fan rumours?

Either way, I'd also much rather this Potter fella rather than someone like Mark Hughes or David Moyes but - if these were the only choices - I would rather have given Hughton more time with the funding and direction to make us more of a goal threat.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Grey Potz

For the yoof.

c3392e61e46d9be7a546c2faf6bee983.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here