Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Never happened to Hyypia's Albion. Or Oscar's Albion. Or Gus's Albion. Or Slade's Albion. Or Adams's Albion.

Whats your point ?

I think his point is we weren't relegated in any season when Hughton was manager - therefore we wouldn't have been relegated next season with Hughton as manager either. Stands to reason. Now of course all bets are off.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Neville would be a complete disaster as everyone will be on his back after he loses the first two games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he will replace Hope Powell !
Just to support the morons who thought CH's dismissal was ethnically related.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yes and Rohan Ince was a promising footballer for one season and JFC scored goals under Poyet.

No matter who is in charge, though, there is a complete lack of leadership on the pitch. Addressing that would have been my number one priority; not changing the manager.

I will hope that your optimism is borne out, Marshy.

Im not going to deny its a big risk, but a risk worth taking for me.

Even had we got relegated I think CH would have gone and the move for Potter made.

Tony just dosent want to stand still and with CH I think that's we he saw and that's what I saw, just more of the same regardless of personel

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
If Phil Neville gets the job, there's only one question, why get rid of Hughton ?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
If Phil Neville gets the job, there's only one question, why get rid of Hughton ?

There's another question, can I get a refund on my season ticket?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Fingers crossed that Dan Ashworth is not that influential, I’d be gutted if we got Neville. I just don’t and never have liked the Neville brothers :shrug:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I am really hoping the Potter deal gets done ASAP. I think it will be an excellent appointment. Let's get it done quickly so he can have as long as possible to prepare for next season. Exciting times!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
There is a lot of personal bias on this thread being shown towards both Potter and Phil Neville. Just because you don't know or think you don't like a person, that doesn't make them a bad candidate, that make you closed minded.

Let's not forget that one of the games most successful managers started out as Bobby Robsons interpreter at Barcelona and is viewed as a complete knob by anyone who doesn't know him.

Let's just see how our new manager does before we right him or her off.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There is a lot of personal bias on this thread being shown towards both Potter and Phil Neville. Just because you don't know or think you don't like a person, that doesn't make them a bad candidate, that make you closed minded.

Let's not forget that one of the games most successful managers started out as Bobby Robsons interpreter at Barcelona and is viewed as a complete knob by anyone who doesn't know him.

I think you might be on the wrong forum

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Oh dear, what a mess

Recruitment team waiting to find out if they have a job.
If they do have a job, recruitment team waiting to find out what sort of players the manager will want.
Recruitment team waiting to find out who their boss will be, or maybe who their bosses boss will be.

Transfer window open

Players unsure of their future playing roles, or even their future at the club.

Oh, and I would rather have Mike Bassett than Phil Neville

That sounds like so far , a fairly normal pursuit of a new manager (who already has a job).
Brighton have made an opening bid, Swansea have publicly at least resisted, Potter is negotiating what he wants which might or might not involve a role for all or some of his backroom team.
Might not happen in the end but hardly a "mess' is it.

The local press say this , this morning.
"Swansea City boss Graham Potter remains firmly in the frame to become Brighton's new manager."
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport...ws/live-updates-swansea-city-manager-16282720

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Jobs for the boys?

If this happens would it be unreasonable to suggest that CH was probably a dead man walking as soon as Ashworth was appointed?

It might explain why our season went downhill so fast.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He was appointed last September.

OK maybe it actually happened when he started but that doesn’t alter the fact that it was the appointment that POSSIBLY took us to where we are. Just speculating, maybe a conspiracy theory too far though I accept :shrug:

Did I say I REALLY don’t want Phil Neville as our manager? :smile:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
That sounds like so far , a fairly normal pursuit of a new manager (who already has a job).
Brighton have made an opening bid, Swansea have publicly at least resisted, Potter is negotiating what he wants which might or might not involve a role for all or some of his backroom team.
Might not happen in the end but hardly a "mess' is it.

The local press say this , this morning.
"Swansea City boss Graham Potter remains firmly in the frame to become Brighton's new manager."
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport...ws/live-updates-swansea-city-manager-16282720

I agree. We haven't even had the play-off final yet so we are hardly behind the curve

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
This.

I am really hoping the Potter deal gets done ASAP. I think it will be an excellent appointment. Let's get it done quickly so he can have as long as possible to prepare for next season. Exciting times!

It's all part of Life's Rich Pageant that is being an Albion fan.

I can see Tony Bloom saying, sorry Graham but after giving Swansea 3 Mill. to get you here & breaking our transfer fee record to get James, there's no money left.

Potter has to use the Youth squad, because all last season's over priced flops are out on loan. Potter then gets Brighton into top 6 or gets them relegated.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Would prefer to see how he does with a few years in English football before we see it live on the job personally.

Fat Frank must be above him as he took a young side to the play offs and not 10th in his first season.

Neither appeal although Fat Frank I reckon would be a better risk of the 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here