Page 1 of 208 12341151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

7 Not allowed!
    Anyone have any views on Graham Potter(Swansea manager)

Seems to be building up quite the reputation as a coach who plays great football on a tight budget with the ability to bring through young players. The Swansea fans LOVE him.

It could almost be argued that he would be the perfect fit for a club like Brighton now that Ashworth has come in ......

IF Hughton decides he's had enough at the end of the season and we part on good terms would you consider this guy to be a good fit for the Albion?

PS interesting that a few people on twitter have been asking bookies for the price on him becoming next Albion boss.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

7 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone have any views on Graham Potter(Swansea manager)

Seems to be building up quite the reputation as a coach who plays great football on a tight budget with the ability to bring through young players. The Swansea fans LOVE him.

It could almost be argued that he would be the perfect fit for a club like Brighton now that Ashworth has come in ......

IF Hughton decides he's had enough at the end of the season and we part on good terms would you consider this guy to be a good fit for the Albion?

PS interesting that a few people on twitter have been asking bookies for the price on him becoming next Albion boss.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I donít have much of an opinion as I know little about him but I do know Swansea have done quite well this season. However they are on the back of parachute payments and there is a world of difference between the style you can play in the Championship compared to the Premier League. Remember how good we looked in many games in the Championship?

Iíd be hesitant about us appointing a manager whose only experience is in the Championship.
    Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff
    Members

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
    I don’t have much of an opinion as I know little about him but I do know Swansea have done quite well this season. However they are on the back of parachute payments and there is a world of difference between the style you can play in the Championship compared to the Premier League. Remember how good we looked in many games in the Championship?

I’d be hesitant about us appointing a manager whose only experience is in the Championship.
    He was manager of ÷stersund in Sweden for 8 years, and took them from the fourth tier to the top division, won the cup and beat Arsenal at the Emirates in the Europa League last season, unlucky to go out in the 2nd leg.

Club could do much worse.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Postman Pat View Post
    He was manager of ÷stersund in Sweden for 8 years, and took them from the fourth tier to the top division, won the cup and beat Arsenal at the Emirates in the Europa League last season, unlucky to go out in the 2nd leg.

I thought Swansea had made a brilliant appointment when they brought in Potter. Unfortunately they proceeded to sell most of their best players in the Summer window. Despite that Swansea played some very attractive football and enjoyed a decent cup run.
    I think Potter is exceptional. I'd be delighted if our owners made an offer the Swansea board couldn't turn down, but that isn't going to happen. If Shahid Khan was receiving good advice he'd forget about Parker and poach Potter. I predict Graham Potter will be an outstanding manager over the next few years.
    Last edited by ROKERITE; 09-05-2019 at 19:04. Reason: tidying up.
    Manners maketh the gentleman.
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Postman Pat View Post

I was lucky enough to see his Ostersunds team beat Arsenal at a half-empty Emirates (I was given a pair of tickets by a mate who literally couldnít get rid of them). They were superb, pressed Arsenal high and worked unbelievably hard. It was incredibly impressive to see live and if we got him and played a similar style, fans should be a lot happier*.

*providing things go well...
    "Do what you do, stay as you are, let's keep having fun." Sam Baldock
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanstalk View Post
    I was lucky enough to see his Ostersunds team beat Arsenal at a half-empty Emirates (I was given a pair of tickets by a mate who literally couldn’t get rid of them). They were superb, pressed Arsenal high and worked unbelievably hard. It was incredibly impressive to see live and if we got him and played a similar style, fans should be a lot happier*.

If that is his style then the door beckons for Murray, Stephens, Gross and Propper. None would be capable of that style IMO.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milano View Post
    If that is his style then the door beckons for Murray, Stephens, Gross and Propper. None would be capable of that style IMO.
    Good none of them are good enough
    Members

2 Not allowed!
    If James Milner and Jordan Henderson can become fairly vital cogs in Klopp’s geggenpress system, I wouldn’t write them off yet. However, you’d imagine if the club are serious about progressing Murray will not be relied on so heavily next year.
    "Do what you do, stay as you are, let's keep having fun." Sam Baldock
    Wanna balloon? Johnny RoastBeef's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Pressing high and working hard? You don't think they can do that?

That's the easy part of football, if you're coached well. The hard bit is where we struggle.
    "Johnny RoastBeef had to keep them all tied up and away from the alarms"

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanstalk View Post
    I was lucky enough to see his Ostersunds team beat Arsenal at a half-empty Emirates (I was given a pair of tickets by a mate who literally couldn’t get rid of them). They were superb, pressed Arsenal high and worked unbelievably hard. It was incredibly impressive to see live and if we got him and played a similar style, fans should be a lot happier*.

Problem is I dont think the players we have can do all that running around , most of them seemed to lack the fitness for a normal 90 mins let alone one where they have to run around all the time. Add in to that half the players (Knocky , Locadia in particular) rarely chased every ball down when they lost it in attack and usually jogged back into position.