Page 220 of 260 FirstFirst ... 120170210217218219220221222223230 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2598
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with you, but the PL will be new for him, and his system will be new for our players, and that first PL game is going to be a massive test for us.
    Yes I know but he will know that as well. As will TB.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      I agree with you, but the PL will be new for him, and his system will be new for our players, and that first PL game is going to be a massive test for us.
      I think what will be massive for us, is if the players buy into what Potter is trying to do. If we loose a few to begin with and the players go against him then this will be a big mistake. If they stick with him even though it isn't working straight away then we might have just taken another step forward.

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Change at Barnham View Post
      So who in the current squad will be suited to Potterball?

Suited to Potterball?: Dunk, Bernado, Knockeart, Propper, Bissouma, Andone, March
      Not sure: Montoya, Kayal, Jahanbakhsh, Locadia, Bong, Button, Burn
      Could struggle? Ryan, Duffy, Gross, Stephens,
      Taxi: Murray
      I'm not sure that Murray would be jettisoned.
      He is still an excellent finisher, when needed.
      On the bench as Plan B surely?

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Uh_huh_him View Post
      Yeah it is a good post.
      But the idea that the Hughton in crowd (me included) shouldn't score points if the results go against us at first...........
      Dream on.

If we look like we might be relegated, I would expect the more vocal Hughton supporters to remind many on here that this was what they wanted.
      Indeed I imagine that's what would happen, but personally I don't think we'll know how things would have been under Chris until he is managing another team in the PL. Then we can see if he's able to succeed with a team playing attacking football in the top flight.

In reality the risk is all Tony's.
      He is prepared to risk all, once he has all the data he needs to back up his hunch.
      Agreed. We wouldn't have blamed the board for keeping him on and helping him build the team over the summer, it's what we'd have expected. I don't think we can blame the decision on the boo boys, but there would of course be some 'careful what you wish for posts'.

we just try to score points on internet forums.
      Have you got a league table you can post?
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Uh_huh_him View Post
      Yeah it is a good post.
      But the idea that the Hughton in crowd (me included) shouldn't score points if the results go against us at first...........
      Dream on.

If we look like we might be relegated, I would expect the more vocal Hughton supporters to remind many on here that this was what they wanted.
      The risk of what comes next was absolutely what I and other like-minded posters disagreed with.

In reality the risk is all Tony's.
      He is prepared to risk all, once he has all the data he needs to back up his hunch.
      He has the cojones to make these kind of calls, whilst we just try to score points on internet forums.
      But then the Hughton supporters can remind themselves of 3 wins in 23.
      Its not how big the dog is in the fight,its how big the fight is in the dog.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
      Let's not try and rewrite history. That L1 relegation team had made the playoffs the previous season. Yes, he turned things around but it's not like he had nothing to work with.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

you aren't even going to let Chris have that!
      You really hate him don't you.

The playoff team from the year before sneaked in with a last minute goal.
      Garcia did wonders getting that far.
      The team Hughton put together for the next 2 seasons eclipsed anything that had gone before.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BRIGHT ON Q View Post
      Not very convincing wins, either. As with a good few of those wins earlier in the season.

I love CH, but Bloom was clearly feeling exactly the same as those of us who felt that unfortunately a change was needed to take us further.

Whether it works out, we'll see, but its exciting...

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BRIGHT ON Q View Post
      or staying up.. they will probably remind themselves of that.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      From Wales online an hour ago. Apologies if fixtures:

"Graham Potter is set to depart the Liberty Stadium and become the manager of Brighton.

The Swansea City boss, who has been in post in SA1 for less than a year, has been holding talks with Seagulls bosses over personal terms.

The Premier League club have already agreed compensation with Swansea - believed to be in the region of £2million and to include Potter 's backroom team.

Swansea had rejected an approach from Brighton this week and had offered their manager a bumper new deal in a bid to ward off interest from Brighton, but reluctantly gave the green light for Potter to go after a meeting with the 43-year-old on Saturday.

While details of Potter's move will be finalised, attention will also now be turning to finding a replacement.

Stay with us for live updates."
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      Glenn Murray's a wizzard, he wears a wizzard's hat, And when he get's his cock out, he says 'I'll score with that'
      He scores them with his left ball, he scores them with his right. And then he scores one with his arse, he's ****ing dynamite

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by andy1980 View Post
      I think what will be massive for us, is if the players buy into what Potter is trying to do. If we loose a few to begin with and the players go against him then this will be a big mistake. If they stick with him even though it isn't working straight away then we might have just taken another step forward.
      Let's get you in for a pep talk.
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.