Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I don't mind that either. I, personally, prefer to control games via possession. The stuff we played under gus and Oscar was great.

Will be interesting to see how long into his first match that wags in the crowd start yelling "Get it forward!"
I remember many a dull, frustrating, home game under both, where a team would come to defend and we had no plan B.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't mind that either. I, personally, prefer to control games via possession. The stuff we played under gus and Oscar was great.

In the end I got bored with possession for possession’s sake, with passing triangles of goalie to Dunk to a.n.other CB back to goalie. But in League One under Poyet it was more dynamic, with variously Calderon, Crofts, Bennett, Barnes and Murray attacking en masse.

NigelL

Feb 23, 2012
Interesting to see Potter’s team -
Including head of recruitment- are joining too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
From a Swansea fan on the BBC site: "As a Swansea fan - Brighton, your team will play some lovely, quick, counter attacking football which at times will be wondeful to watch. God help you defensively, particularly set pieces- Potter has a huge blind spot there. "

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From a Swansea fan on the BBC site: "As a Swansea fan - Brighton, your team will play some lovely, quick, counter attacking football which at times will be wondeful to watch. God help you defensively, particularly set pieces- Potter has a huge blind spot there. "

Our players have plenty of experience defending, wonder if GP will take on board their thoughts?

CH legacy could live on :thumbsup:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Now there’s a question....as one who is still getting over the loss of CH, I’ve not given it much thought...particularly as the club were dead set on Potter and possibly two others...as said i am glad they weren’t looking at the likes of Hughes etc...after all what would be the point

obvs we can't know yet, but this feels like the beginning of the step up to the next level

:cheery::cheery::cheery:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It's such a shame Potter's coming to a team with no ability to defend...

...oh wait a minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here