Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Who makes the second best scrambled eggs in the World?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Anyone want to lay claim to the Silver medal? Come on, second's still pretty good.

IMG_1446.JPG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You I guess

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Scrambled eggs are odd in people's preferences for them differ so much; some like the sloppy others like them as hard as rubber.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
What's your recipe?

3 eggs, whisked with a decent glug of full cream milk and a teaspoon of double cream, the tiniest pinch of salt and a couple of turns of the white pepper grinder. Melt 1/2 oz of butter in a non-stick saucepan over a low/medium heat. Pour egg mixture into saucepan and stir constantly until set to required consistency. Put onto toast, add three turns from black pepper grinder. Eat immediately.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
People always overcook scrambled eggs. I do a decent one but I've had better made for me.

The OP's example looks passable but hasn't been stirred properly, resulting in an inconsistent texture and larger lumps of egg than is ideal. It looks okay, not great.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mine are pretty good imho. 2 eggs per person, knob of butter, dash of milk, one grind of salt and pepper.

Crack eggs in saucepan. Add butter and milk and salt and pepper. Put pan on heat and stir as soon as the yolks start to go white. Carry on stirring, with pauses, until just before it’s almost cooked through. Remove from heat and carry on stirring until,consistency is how you like.

At this point I will sling in some smoked salmon, and place on the plate next to toasted buttered muffins and a cafetiere of coffee. I will then shout “breakfast is ready” and earn myself enough brownie points to navigate myself through the day.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
People always overcook scrambled eggs. I do a decent one but I've had better made for me.

The OP's example looks passable but hasn't been stirred properly, resulting in an inconsistent texture and larger lumps of egg than is ideal. It looks okay, not great.

My process is actually based on achieving this. I prefer this.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
3 eggs, whisked with a decent glug of full cream milk and a teaspoon of double cream, the tiniest pinch of salt and a couple of turns of the white pepper grinder. Melt 1/2 oz of butter in a non-stick saucepan over a low/medium heat. Pour egg mixture into saucepan and stir constantly until set to required consistency. Put onto toast, add three turns from black pepper grinder. Eat immediately.

Mine comes close to that, although we have no white pepper in a grinder (but, now you mention it, that might find its way into the kitchen), have cream available extremely rarely, have semi-skimmed milk. More important than the ingredient difference, however, is the disparity regarding temperature. Scrambled eggs are best cooked on the lowest heat possible, with (cold) milk added to slow down the cooking process. Omlettes, on the other hand, should be cooked quickly, on a medium-high heat.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
**** me, that is terrible presentation, look at all the loose bits around the scrambled eggs. You are NOT through to the next round

Those "loose bits" are the debris from my first cut of the toast and egg. I ate that bite, and thought "F*ck me, they're good. I'd better tell NSC". Prior to that cut, there was no debris.

However, on your general point, my presentation is always woeful.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nothing finer than turning up to a hotel breakfast and finding it has a dedicated omelette station :drool:

One of the utter delights in life is staying in a fancy hotel and goimg down for a full English in the morning, and then goimg back to bed to read the paper.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One of the utter delights in life is staying in a fancy hotel and goimg down for a full English in the morning, and then goimg back to bed to read the paper.

Bit of a faff getting dressed to go down to breakfast and then going back to undress and get back into bed isn’t it. Unless of course you are a bit of a Noel Coward who goes down in his silk dressing gown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here