Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Who makes the second best scrambled eggs in the World?

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
The secret to fantastic eggs poached the 'normal' way is freshness. Something to do with how the albumen breaks down in the shell over time. Simple if you've got your own chickens (which I sadly don't). I get my eggs from a farm in Kingston, not far from the Amex. Can't stand supermarket eggs with their incipid yellow yolks.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I am absolutely astonished at the lack of care, inspiration, content design and laziness in the recipes contained herein. Dull, dull, dull all of them.

The first thing is to focus carefully on ensuring the best, freshest and tastiest ingredients. So, for 2 people, acquire the following:

5 genuinely free range (ie nice deep yellow yokes and with a bit of hen shit on the shells + the odd feather stuck to the shells!) farm eggs - beaten

What - you don't even own you own hens? You're a ****ing amateur.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The secret to fantastic eggs poached the 'normal' way is freshness. Something to do with how the albumen breaks down in the shell over time. Simple if you've got your own chickens (which I sadly don't). I get my eggs from a farm in Kingston, not far from the Amex. Can't stand supermarket eggs with their incipid yellow yolks.

Burford Browns should be the lower limit. Lovely eggs.

Yoda

English & European
None of you come even close the the perfect creamy scrambled egg. Best done bain-marie style.

Ingredients:
3 large eggs
1tbsp whole milk
1tbsp double cream
10g butter
Pinch of salt

Method:
1. Using a fork, mix the eggs, milk, cream and butter together in a bowl. Season with salt and stir to combine.
2. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and allow to cook really slowly using a spatula to continuously stir the mixture (DO NOT LET THE WATER TOUCH THE BOWL).
3. Cook until the eggs begin to scramble – this should take approximately 15–20 minutes.

You will never want to scramble your eggs any other way once trying this.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
None of you come even close the the perfect creamy scrambled egg. Best done bain-marie style.

Ingredients:
3 large eggs
1tbsp whole milk
1tbsp double cream
10g butter
Pinch of salt

Method:
1. Using a fork, mix the eggs, milk, cream and butter together in a bowl. Season with salt and stir to combine.
2. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and allow to cook really slowly using a spatula to continuously stir the mixture (DO NOT LET THE WATER TOUCH THE BOWL).
3. Cook until the eggs begin to scramble – this should take approximately 15–20 minutes.

Too many creamy ingredients. It’s a definite no form me. Way too much faff and poncey prep involved.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I've tried all methods of cooking scrambled eggs. Presently, i mix 4 eggs with a dash of milk. Add salt and pepper and sometimes a small amount of nutmeg.

Melt a nob of butter in a non stick frying pan and then, over a low heat, move the egg mixture around with a silicon spatula.

When almost done, remove from heat and allow the residual heat to finish cooking.

Serve on 2 slices of granary toast with half a tin of cold baked beans on top and smothered in salad cream :D

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I've tried all methods of cooking scrambled eggs. Presently, i mix 4 eggs with a dash of milk. Add salt and pepper and sometimes a small amount of nutmeg.

Melt a nob of butter in a non stick frying pan and then, over a low heat, move the egg mixture around with a silicon spatula.

When almost done, remove from heat and allow the residual heat to finish cooking.

Serve on 2 slices of granary toast with half a tin of cold baked beans on top and smothered in salad cream :D

Is correct. Apart from the cold beans and salad cream which is of course, revolting.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Ingredients:
3 large eggs
1tbsp whole milk
1tbsp double cream
10g butter
Pinch of salt

Method:

I might try this (while omitting the cream) :thumbsup:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Lovely argument with my wife the other week when she tried to be nice and make me scrambled eggs and I stopped her. She soon clocked that I don't like the way she makes them. Too milky (I have none) and over-cooked.

She ended it with "WELL IN FUTURE YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN SCRAMBLED EGGS"

It was literally what I wanted.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm sorry

You add butter to well whisked eggs and whisk in a bowl sitting over a pan of simmering water.

You season AFTER they have set.

Any other method is simply a badly made omelette.

The OP hasn't whisked the eggs properly. This is a common occurrence in Spain which is terrible at making scrambled eggs.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Scrambled eggs should be a ten minute, quicky breakfast. Whisk, pour in a pan, stir, serve on two slices of Holy Ghost ,eat, slurp down a mug of bumble and go about your day. Wallop. All these sprauncy versions are almost putting me off my eggy bacey boo.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
The op's eggs look pretty grim, but i see he adds milk to his eggs so it's clear he doesn't really know what he's doing.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Nothing finer than turning up to a hotel breakfast and finding it has a dedicated omelette station :drool:

Agree, turning up and finding the hotel has a dedicated egg man, who will do anything with eggs, omelette, fried, poached, scrambled...... is always a highlight. I can highly recommend Swissotel, The Stamford in Singapore, their egg man is a genius.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I had that exact pan, they never came out nice. Rubbery whites on the edges, snotty in the centre.

And who wants PERFECTLY shaped poached eggs, anyway? They'll come out looking like the eggs in a McMuffin.

Not for me (Clive).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
And who wants PERFECTLY shaped poached eggs, anyway? They'll come out looking like the eggs in a McMuffin.

Not for me (Clive).

You need RINGS for the perfectly shaped egg McMuffin egg... and you get a better result if you break the YOLK before you cook it.

15364.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here