Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which Albion players have you seen out doing their shopping and what was in their basket?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
You would kinda expect most Albion players or their wifes / partners to do their food shopping in Waitrose or M & S. True to form, I've seen and chatted to Glenn on a couple of occasions in Waitrose. It may just be that is the closest supermarket to his house though !

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Have you ever encountered an Albion player in a supermarket and if so did you have a peek into their basket? Did you even go out of your way to get a better view.

One Christmas Eve I saw Bong with who I presumed to be about four members of his family in my local supermarket. They were standing in the checkout queue. In his basket my eye was drawn to a single oversize christmas bauble. I couldn't help thinking that he was leaving it a bit late to decorate his tree.

A few months later I was walking through the same supermarket car park when I noticed a well groomed looking young man in front of me in tracksuit bottoms and tshirt. As he was walking he kept pulling the legs of his tracksuit bottoms up to achieve that "half mast" look that appears to have become popular. He seemed quite intent on maintaining "the look" because everytime his trouser leg obeyed the natural laws of gravity as he was walking he hoisted them up again. My first natural reaction was that he was a bit of a knob. It was then I realised that I was looking at none other than Beyram Kayal. I felt immediately guilty for the negative opinion I had formed of him and proceeded to follow him into the supermarket straight to the butchers counter whereupon he requested a large piece of beef steak. Unfortunately I didn't notice which cut. Only about two minutes later I noticed him in the checkout queue! He was obviously a man on a mission.

Danny Baker's only been sacked for a couple of hours and you are after his gig already?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
How would one know it was actually a Australian Rabbit

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
You met an Albion manager ON THE HALLOWED TURF?!
Indeed... having twin boys, it proved impossible not to step foot on that site. Many happy memories of going to the Goldstone - first time was 1972 as a nipper. I just thought of all the good times there, rather than what happened in later days, resulting in it being a (shudder) retail park now.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Think you are probably talking about the Windmill Cafe in Westdene. Was in there a few weeks ago with wife having a coffee and Glenn Murray and his daughter came in. They sat at table next to us and were playing Pairs. Really nice to see. Casper A. also goes in there frequently.
That's the one. It's principally Casper and Pete I've seen in there. Not far from Glenn's house - I used to walk past it twice a day going to/from work...

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Saw Jamie Murphy in Rustington shopping with his wife and kids. I also saw Lua Lua looking very pissed off while following his then bird around tesco in Littlehampton (He was well out of the staring line up at the time but still in the squad)

Didn't see what was in either of their baskets.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In any Pointless football round, always go for the keeper (the reserve keeper if possible). Banker.

Any Albion one would be pretty NICHE (they did have an Albion managers one - everyone was pointless bar Gus, Chris, mullery and Melia I think).

Player round would depend on the exact wording. I've two BELTERS up my sleeve, but they might not be valid...

I'm guessing these are players who never made a single appearance? You can have Simon Wormull for free.

Paul Holsgrove, maybe.

Nice. Paul Crichton.

Danny Naisbitt and Veggard Forren!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
AJ was in my local mini Martt waiting for the one open check when a second checkout opened he was the till,operator gestured to AJ to step forward sadly he would not go past anyone

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I saw Anthony Knockaert in Waitrose near the dog track.

This is him apologising to my daughter after a two-footed, studs up challenge in the fruit juice aisle, a challenge so rash it erased all of her facial features.
IMG-3396.JPG

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Further to my earlier Anthony Knockaert story, I also saw the snooker player Willie Thorne at the cheese counter in Sainsbury's in Leicester when I was a student there.

I said: "Buying some cheese Willie?"

He said: "Yes".

And then he went about his shopping.

I was going to save that for when I go on Graham Norton's show...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You'd be gutted if they weren't Pointless answers. The fickle world of football. And football fans.

You would.

If they'd stipulated that the answers needed to have made a football league appearance, then I'd focus on the myriad Withdean-era loanees...

Gifton Noel-Williams
Calvin Andrew
Matt Heath
Matt Richards
Gavin Hoyte
Mikkel Anderson
Alhassan Bangura
Joe O'Cearuill
Kevin Thornton
Aaron Davies
Nick Ward
etc...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was once stood behind Frank Worthington in Lancing Co-Op, he bought 20 Capstan full strength, a Watneys Party Seven, a packet of 3, a comb and an Elvia cassette.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I saw and spoke with Andrea Orlandi in Hove Waitrose a few times:love: Had a lovely chat with Calde in George Street just as he came out of Bert’s homewares store:love::love: Saw Chris O’Grady in M&S Holmbush and many years ago I served a pint to Mark Ormerod in the Hove Park Tavern!

A friend and I spotted Calde with his little boy a few years ago, walking down Bond Street. He was happy to stand and chat for a few minutes.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Also: Adam el Abd in Hollingbury Asda looking bored in yellow flip flops with a very overstuffed trolley.

I also saw Adam el Abd in flip flops but he was in Churchill square. I pointed him out to my wife who failed to recognise him. She said that she thought he was was 'dishy'. I tried to make out it didn't hurt me.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Chris Hughton, Connor Goldson and Liam Rosenior - all in Tesco Shoreham. (On three separate occasions, not all together). Liam was looking for a tennis ball, CH was looking at batteries I believe. No idea what Connor was shopping for.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Chris Hughton, Connor Goldson and Liam Rosenior - all in Tesco Shoreham. (On three separate occasions, not all together). Liam was looking for a tennis ball, CH was looking at batteries I believe. No idea what Connor was shopping for.

Was it a small musical pipe ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here