Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which Albion players have you seen out doing their shopping and what was in their basket?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
You would.

If they'd stipulated that the answers needed to have made a football league appearance, then I'd focus on the myriad Withdean-era loanees...

Gifton Noel-Williams
Calvin Andrew
Matt Heath
Matt Richards
Gavin Hoyte
Mikkel Anderson
Alhassan Bangura
Joe O'Cearuill
Kevin Thornton
Aaron Davies
Nick Ward
etc...

Interesting - I'd go for Priestfield obscurities - Streeter, Ifejiagwa, Davis, Woolsey.

kroqq

Mar 28, 2013
Muzzer. Sainsburys local Preston Drove. Next to me at the self service checkout. Couldnt help but look at his basket. Vegetables and healthy stuff

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I served Mike Small when I worked in Ritz Video in Boundary road (now a post office) can't remember what video he hired.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interesting - I'd go for Priestfield obscurities - Streeter, Ifejiagwa, Davis, Woolsey.

The whole Priestfield era is a bit of a black hole for me - its 120 miles from here, so inevitably I drifted away for a bit. I'd be more likely to come up with Franco Massimo, David Gipp or Darren Palmer

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Think I just saw Megan Connolly in Burgess Hill Tesco today as wearing Albion training type kit with number 27. Didn't check her basket though!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The whole Priestfield era is a bit of a black hole for me - its 120 miles from here, so inevitably I drifted away for a bit. I'd be more likely to come up with Franco Massimo, David Gipp or Darren Palmer

I see Franco Massimo quite a bit at regional Athletics meetings. Our boys compete. He is a smashing bloke.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I see Franco Massimo quite a bit at regional Athletics meetings. Our boys compete. He is a smashing bloke.

Good.

Next time you see him, tell him a random bloke on the internet was a big fan, as a 13 year old, three and a half decades ago, and retains fond memories of watching him, Gippy and Ian Muir, charge about the Goldstone on Tuesday nights, in front of a thousand fans.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Dave Beasant, Blackbushe car auctions maybe 10 years ago. He was miffed to be recognised but chatty about BHAFC. I note he is now a goalkeeper coach at Reading F.C.
Don't recall what he was bidding on however.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
My colleague also saw Kayal hanging around waiting for his wife to buy some make up at the YSL counter.

Also saw Ryan walking down western road on a Friday after work. Initially was judging him for his formal black shoe, blue jean combo. Then I noticed it was Ryan and all was forgiven.

There wouldn't have been any such waiting around if Kayal's wife had asked him to buy her makeup on her behalf. As we've already established whether buying cuts of beef or garden hoses Kayal doesn't dither around when doing his shopping. He would have just marched straight up to the makeup counter and just grabbed the first stick of lipstick he saw, plonked the money on the counter and walked straight out again. The whole transaction would have taken less than thirty seconds and hard luck on his wife if the lippy didn't match her skin tone.

And similar to you forgiving Ryan his formal black shoe / blue jean fashion faux pas I was similarly forgiving as soon as I noticed it was Kayal who was doing the hitched up to the calf track suit leg thing.
I reckon Kayal's also the kind of guy that does the slightly too short suit trousers/no socks/loafer look. Totally unacceptable if anyone else does it of course but done by an Albion player and they are totally beyond reproach.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Going back a few years I saw Bobby Zamora in Boots. He wasn't carrying a basket but was hovering around the men's shaving products and not doing a very good job at hiding his obvious enjoyment at people staring and whispering.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Muzzer. Sainsburys local Preston Drove. Next to me at the self service checkout. Couldnt help but look at his basket....

You'd probably have the same natural compulsion if stood next to him at a urinal. I know I would but we'll leave that for another thread.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Not Albion but I once got knocked into by Peter Beardsley's wife at Kings Cross, spilling my can of coke everywhere over me and my bag. Can't listen to Athletico Mince without thinking of Peter's voice while he apologised to me on her behalf. He was in full Fulham tracksuit and she was dressed for a night out which somehow seems fitting too.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Good.

Next time you see him, tell him a random bloke on the internet was a big fan, as a 13 year old, three and a half decades ago, and retains fond memories of watching him, Gippy and Ian Muir, charge about the Goldstone on Tuesday nights, in front of a thousand fans.

When I first met him down at Hastings or Tonbridge I recognised his surname and told him the Albion once had a player with the surname of Massimo and was he related ? He said, “Hey that was me do you really remember”...... I then said, “ of course but you have changed... you’ve filled out “ (how we laughed)

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Zamora purchasing continental strength lager in the Zap

Lualua illegally parking at Hickstead Burger King a few times and running over the motorway bridge to the team bus outside the Castle Inn who I assume he has previous with as they have ample parking. Considered alerting Burger King a few times however just accepted he’s a young man trying to make a living

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

We met some Gillingham ladies down for the weekend in the event many years back, turns out they were part of the group that used to throw stones at the buses we used to get from Mid Sussex back, oh how we laughed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just seen Kate Humble in Waitrose (Monmouth). Veg, cucumber, sausages, bacon and lots of toilet rolls. I know she didn't play for the Albion, but as I made a special effort to check what she was buying I thought I'd report back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here