View Poll Results: Who will you be rooting for?

Voters
241. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tottingham Hotspurs

94 39.00%
  • Liverpool

55 22.82%
  • Neither

32 13.28%
  • Neutral

60 24.90%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Jacob Schilt(pic:SebDaly) Nottseagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll repeat- I just hope Spurs don't win the CL so we can continue to win over support from our catchment area better than we have been doing in the past. Why is that a problem?
    Because we don't want that sort of fan getting in the season ticket waiting list ahead of those currently being brought up as genuine Albion supporters.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      No it doesn't. Some people are albion through and through but don't want to watch shit being served up, at least on a weekly basis.

Hence why we had over 30k unique home visitors in the Withdean era but average crowds of only 6-7k.

Just because someone stops going to games doesn't mean they have parted ways with their allegiances and toddled off to support another club.
      I don't know why people decide to stop going, but other clubs like Newcastle (who've barely won anything in their history) still maintain the big crowds after relegation. Not every club is full of fair weather fans. Brighton has got loads and thats coming from a Brighton fan. Obviously I'd rather our fans were more loyal, but I'm just being honest

0 Not allowed!
      Given its almost 3 weeks after the end of the PL season, its going to have the feel of a pre season friendly, as well as disrupting the England team in the finals of the Euro Nations or whatever it is called.
      Joint winner NSC Predictor League 2017/18
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      I don't know why people decide to stop going, but other clubs like Newcastle (who've barely won anything in their history) still maintain the big crowds after relegation. Not every club is full of fair weather fans. Brighton has got loads and thats coming from a Brighton fan. I'm just being honest
      When did Newcastle last play home games in Hull, then for ten years in League Two at the Gateshead athletics track?
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

0 Not allowed!
      I don't know why people decide to stop going, but other clubs like Newcastle (who've barely won anything in their history) still maintain the big crowds after relegation. Not every club is full of fair weather fans. Brighton has got loads and thats coming from a Brighton fan. I'm just being honest
      Yes but the point is that if people stop going to Brighton games, it doesn't necessarily mean that they then decide to start supporting one of the 'big' teams. My dad is giving up his season ticket after next season, because he's getting on a bit now and getting to and from the Amex is getting to be a hassle for him, so he'll just get along to the odd game now and then.

Does that mean he'll be taking out a subscription to Chelsea TV ? Answers on a postcard.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      I don't know why people decide to stop going, but other clubs like Newcastle (who've barely won anything in their history) still maintain the big crowds after relegation. Not every club is full of fair weather fans. Brighton has got loads and thats coming from a Brighton fan. Obviously I'd rather our fans were more loyal, but I'm just being honest
      How long do you think they would sustain those numbers bouncing around the 3rd and 4th divisions before being ****ed by a couple of southern chancers and losing St James?

Meanwhile Champions League challenging Brighton and Hove Albion with the best striker in England seem to have a loyal fanbase.

0 Not allowed!
      Isn't @Megazone one of the board's tin-foil-hatters?

Would explain a lot I think.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

0 Not allowed!
      Probably Spurs. But its's not because I care for them very much. Just don't want Liverpool fans gloating about it for years and years. I predict it will be a drab and terrible final.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      When did Newcastle last play home games in Hull, then for ten years in League Two at the Gateshead athletics track?

How is this even a debate?Newcastle have a much better and bigger fan basis than us. Like us, they're the only club in their city, but unlike us, everyone (await the pendants) in that city supports them. This is not an attack against you, the club or our fans. It's just stating the bleeding obvious. Just because we lost our football ground 22 years ago doesn't give us the right to say they're only doing better as a fan basis because they haven't been through the hardship we have. It's total bollocks. Swallow your albion pride and just accept the truth, like Palace, our fan basis is pretty fickle and unreliable hence my point about the large number of our fans who support other clubs (i.e. Spurs) too.
      Last edited by Megazone; 09-05-2019 at 18:18.

0 Not allowed!
      Where did I say fact? and how can you disprove loads of the new fans since the amex era, don't have 2nd clubs?

So?

Which they were?

Pretty sure I said some of the best days of my life were at Withdean, I might have even mentioned us winning 3 league titles there. But go ahead, I'm obviously making it all up.

and there was me thinking football was a game of opinions. Obviously not..

Nope. I said I hope Spurs don't win the CL so we (Brighton) can continue to win over fans from our catchment area better than we used to (i.e. the Withdean era)
      This is absolutely hilarious You've completely missed my point on everything you've quoted.

It's obviously a waste of time arguing your points because you'll just carry on arguing back with completely different and often contradictory points.
      People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.