Votes: 32 13.3%
  • Neutral

Votes: 60 25.0%

• Total voters

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
No it doesn't. Some people are albion through and through but don't want to watch shit being served up, at least on a weekly basis.

Hence why we had over 30k unique home visitors in the Withdean era but average crowds of only 6-7k.

Just because someone stops going to games doesn't mean they have parted ways with their allegiances and toddled off to support another club.

I don't know why people decide to stop going, but other clubs like Newcastle (who've barely won anything in their history) still maintain the big crowds after relegation. Not every club is full of fair weather fans. Brighton has got loads and thats coming from a Brighton fan. Obviously I'd rather our fans were more loyal, but I'm just being honest

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given its almost 3 weeks after the end of the PL season, its going to have the feel of a pre season friendly, as well as disrupting the England team in the finals of the Euro Nations or whatever it is called.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't know why people decide to stop going, but other clubs like Newcastle (who've barely won anything in their history) still maintain the big crowds after relegation. Not every club is full of fair weather fans. Brighton has got loads and thats coming from a Brighton fan. I'm just being honest

When did Newcastle last play home games in Hull, then for ten years in League Two at the Gateshead athletics track?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't know why people decide to stop going, but other clubs like Newcastle (who've barely won anything in their history) still maintain the big crowds after relegation. Not every club is full of fair weather fans. Brighton has got loads and thats coming from a Brighton fan. I'm just being honest

Yes but the point is that if people stop going to Brighton games, it doesn't necessarily mean that they then decide to start supporting one of the 'big' teams. My dad is giving up his season ticket after next season, because he's getting on a bit now and getting to and from the Amex is getting to be a hassle for him, so he'll just get along to the odd game now and then.

Does that mean he'll be taking out a subscription to Chelsea TV ? Answers on a postcard.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I don't know why people decide to stop going, but other clubs like Newcastle (who've barely won anything in their history) still maintain the big crowds after relegation. Not every club is full of fair weather fans. Brighton has got loads and thats coming from a Brighton fan. Obviously I'd rather our fans were more loyal, but I'm just being honest

How long do you think they would sustain those numbers bouncing around the 3rd and 4th divisions before being ****ed by a couple of southern chancers and losing St James?

Meanwhile Champions League challenging Brighton and Hove Albion with the best striker in England seem to have a loyal fanbase.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Isn't [MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION] one of the board's tin-foil-hatters?

Would explain a lot I think.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Probably Spurs. But its's not because I care for them very much. Just don't want Liverpool fans gloating about it for years and years. I predict it will be a drab and terrible final.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
When did Newcastle last play home games in Hull, then for ten years in League Two at the Gateshead athletics track?

How is this even a debate?Newcastle have a much better and bigger fan basis than us. Like us, they're the only club in their city, but unlike us, everyone (await the pendants) in that city supports them. This is not an attack against you, the club or our fans. It's just stating the bleeding obvious. Just because we lost our football ground 22 years ago doesn't give us the right to say they're only doing better as a fan basis because they haven't been through the hardship we have. It's total bollocks. Swallow your albion pride and just accept the truth, like Palace, our fan basis is pretty fickle and unreliable hence my point about the large number of our fans who support other clubs (i.e. Spurs) too.

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Where did I say fact? and how can you disprove loads of the new fans since the amex era, don't have 2nd clubs?

So?

Which they were?

Pretty sure I said some of the best days of my life were at Withdean, I might have even mentioned us winning 3 league titles there. But go ahead, I'm obviously making it all up.

and there was me thinking football was a game of opinions. Obviously not..

Nope. I said I hope Spurs don't win the CL so we (Brighton) can continue to win over fans from our catchment area better than we used to (i.e. the Withdean era)

This is absolutely hilarious :lolol: You've completely missed my point on everything you've quoted.

It's obviously a waste of time arguing your points because you'll just carry on arguing back with completely different and often contradictory points.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
How long do you think they would sustain those numbers bouncing around the 3rd and 4th divisions before being ****ed by a couple of southern chancers and losing St James?

Meanwhile Champions League challenging Brighton and Hove Albion with the best striker in England seem to have a loyal fanbase.

So basically, we would be of similar size and loyalty (in fan basis) to Newcastle if it wasn't for a couple of crooked owners?

What were our average crowds whilst in the 2nd tier before we lost the Goldstone?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
How is this even a debate?Newcastle have a much better and bigger fan basis than us. Like us, they're the only club in their city, but unlike us, everyone (await the pendants) in that city supports them. This is not an attack against you, the club or our fans. It's just stating the bleeding obvious. Just because we lost our football ground 22 years ago doesn't give us the right to say they're only doing better as a fan basis because they haven't been through the hardship we have. It's total bollocks. Swallow your albion pride and just accept the truth, like Palace, our fan basis is pretty fickle and unreliable hence my point about the large number of our fans who support other clubs (i.e. Spurs) too.

Actually, I think if there was ONE thing we could say that DOES give us that right :lolol:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
So basically, we would be of similar size and loyalty (in fan basis) to Newcastle if it wasn't for a couple of crooked owners?

What were our average crowds whilst in the 2nd tier before we lost the Goldstone?

If you'd bothered noticing, I gave you a single point in time.

Yes, if we were challenging for the Premier League TITLE in the 90's we'd probably have many more fans as a result of that period. I mean that's obvious isn't it?

I'm really not sure where we're going with this now, seems a long way from you stating we all have other clubs to support - which reminds me, I'm off to get my Chelsea-Arsenal half and half for tonight.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
If you'd bothered noticing, I gave you a single point in time.

Yes, if we were challenging for the Premier League TITLE in the 90's we'd probably have many more fans as a result of that period. I mean that's obvious isn't it?

I'm really not sure where we're going with this now, seems a long way from you stating we all have other clubs to support - which reminds me, I'm off to get my Chelsea-Arsenal half and half for tonight.

ok fair enough. Does your point apply for Blackburn Rovers too?

back to the question. What were our average crowds in the 2nd tier before we lost the Goldstone? anyone? I'm pretty sure Newcastle were getting 50k.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
ok fair enough. Does your point apply for Blackburn Rovers too?

back to the question. What were our average crowds in the 2nd tier before we lost the Goldstone? anyone? I'm pretty sure Newcastle were getting 50k.

What? They didn't even have a 50k capacity until the late 90's.

Edit: I checked for you, they were getting 16-25k depending on success.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
pool.jpg

It begins.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Yep. Ain’t that The Truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, what a surprise, you've popped up. Nothing personal?

The Truth? My old username before it was shut down for being the same user as Rosa (my ex girlfriend). Incase you've forgotten her, you've been making loads of sexual connotations about her for the last 8 years now. If i remember correctly, you were referring to her as a **** socket . How's fatherhood going?

PS If anyones bored, click on my profile and go to mentions. You'll see Guinness boy has been mentioning me non stop at any given point. It's beyond obsessed. Why not just meet up like men and sort this out through discussion rather than behind a keyboard where you've got the balls to be as rude as you wish. 8 years of this Guiness boy. Maybe it's time for a change?

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here