Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs, Champions League

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As much as I don't like Chelsea or Arsenal, having all four finalists in European football would be pretty cool

Pretty sure that hasn't happened before. It was pretty much impossible until the last 20 years or so and I can't remember an occasion.

1989-90 Italy provided all three winners.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As much as I don't like Chelsea or Arsenal, having all four finalists in European football would be pretty cool

None are really English anymore. Not even the fans...the celebrations in Seoul will continue long into the night! But congrats to PL PLC, undeniable victors here. But then they should be. Generates more money than other Leagues! La Liga, SA and Bundes must up their marketing games.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
A champions league final between 2 teams who haven’t won their top division for a combined 90 years.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Kane
Winks
Alli
Rose
Trippier
Dier
Walker-Peters
Henderson
Alexander Armstrong
Milner
Oxelade-Chamberlain
Lallana
Sturridge

Other than that...

A fair few of those are squad in fairness.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A champions league final between 2 teams who haven’t won their top division for a combined 90 years.

Very good point! Champions they ain’t!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A fair few of those are squad in fairness.

So name me one player out of them that hasn't played this season, name me one that hasn't played for England. Straws and clutching come to mind.

None are really English anymore. Not even the fans...the celebrations in Seoul will continue long into the night! But congrats to PL PLC, undeniable victors here. But then they should be. Generates more money than other Leagues! La Liga, SA and Bundes must up their marketing games.

Another miserable git.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
And to think, the 2 goal scoring heroes from the last 2 nights probably won’t start in the final !
Origi will get dropped for Salah and Moura will get dropped for Kane !

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And to think, the 2 goal scoring heroes from the last 2 nights probably won’t start in the final !
Origi will get dropped for Salah and Moura will get dropped for Kane !

Not watching, not enough English players, unlike Dutch at Ajax, Spaniards at Barca and Italians at Juve.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The highs, make up for the lows.

(Small highs of late being a Brighton fan. I went ape in the NS when Gross equalised against Newcastle, as if it had sealed a promotion).

Absolutely this. It's so hard trying to get someone not into football to understand the whole highs making up for the lows and how incredible the highs feel. People not into it will just never get it. So so grateful I do. Unbelievable drama this week

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Liverpool is in England, Tottenham is in England. Not all people in either areas that live here are English. Miserable git.

Yes yes yes, but now the ecstasy of winning goals has subsided, he’s only guilty of not perpetuating this ridiculous myth about ‘English’ or even British clubs in Europe. That boat sailed a very long time ago.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Not watching, not enough English players, unlike Dutch at Ajax, Spaniards at Barca and Italians at Juve.
Well if the final is anything like the semi-finals you well miss an amazing sporting treat!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes yes yes, but now the ecstasy of winning goals has subsided, he’s only guilty of not perpetuating this ridiculous myth about ‘English’ or even British clubs in Europe. That boat sailed a very long time ago.

So why whine about it now? If you don't like foreigners in a team you will quite simply not like football, other than national sides. Liverpool won the European Cup with, I believe eight Scottish and Irish players in the 70's. What's your point?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So name me one player out of them that hasn't played this season, name me one that hasn't played for England. Straws and clutching come to mind.

Another miserable git.

Reality is most aren’t starting 11! But sure the kit men are...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here