Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno mural no more...

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Who owns the wall - the shop?

They should have as much shit as we can throw at them
No excuses as they are actually in Brighton.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Who owns the wall - the shop?

They should have as much shit as we can throw at them
No excuses as they are actually in Brighton.

Jon Adams, owner of Gelato Gusto, said he understood the fans’ frustration but wanted to do something nice for someone else.

He said: “I discovered Ricardo Gold, a new up-and-coming artist, and thought I would help him out. I let him have the space for free.

“Bruno was only meant to be up for two weeks. Maybe I created more problems for myself keeping it up so long.

“But if Albion fans have ideas for who to put on the wall next I’d be open to suggestions.”

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/17628642.mural-to-brighton-captain-bruno-is-painted-over/

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Jon Adams, owner of Gelato Gusto, said he understood the fans’ frustration but wanted to do something nice for someone else.

He said: “I discovered Ricardo Gold, a new up-and-coming artist, and thought I would help him out. I let him have the space for free.

“Bruno was only meant to be up for two weeks. Maybe I created more problems for myself keeping it up so long.

“But if Albion fans have ideas for who to put on the wall next I’d be open to suggestions.”

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/17628642.mural-to-brighton-captain-bruno-is-painted-over/

Boycott time, chaps.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I work near there, saw a group of people taking pictures and one guy up there painting... wanted to kick his ladder!!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Guy who got commissioned to paint it is getting grief on his Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxPTDnagS-U/

He is just a jobbing artist though.

Really seems some NSCers need to find suitable walls in town, approach the owners and get some new murals arranged.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I know I'm in the minority but as much as I don't like the fact the mural has been replaced, I can't believe people are advocating and even giving grief to the artists and the shop owner over this. Guess thats the internet these days... *sigh*

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
The owner has seriously misjudged this; his gable end was a landmark and now is a meaningless advert. Who knows how to start one of those on-line petitions to have it re-instated?

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Is there any way we could get a t-shirt run done of the El Capitain artwork? I think it would sell better than the old Johnny Crumplin Football Genius one from back in the day.

el cpitan.jpg

The club sold them when we got promoted, probably all gone now though, although I've found a slightly different version here: https://teetraders.com/shop/brighton-beach-el-capitan-mural-tee/

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I know I'm in the minority but as much as I don't like the fact the mural has been replaced, I can't believe people are advocating and even giving grief to the artists and the shop owner over this. Guess thats the internet these days... *sigh*

This.

Sure, they don't understand the significance to us of that mural, but they're just a small-time artist/shop owner. Let's not give them grief.

Let's find another way of resurrecting our mural instead.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
This.

Sure, they don't understand the significance to us of that mural, but they're just a small-time artist/shop owner. Let's not give them grief.

The owner has actually said "if Albion fans have ideas for who to put on the wall next I’d be open to suggestions"

I'd love to see something like they have on the Albert Pub, but with ex-Brighton players/managers and not singers.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
This.

Nah...give them grief

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Don't know and don't know but someone at the council will have the answers.

I'll send an email and enquire. Might be owned / done privately by some kind of guerilla marketing agency.

I spoke with a few people at the council today over email and was advised the wall-space is the decision of the land owner, so while it's not a council approved / run advertising space it doesn't mean it won't go to the highest bidder. Obviously the shop owner go a tidy sum to replace it. Absolutely no idea how much.

".....it would be a matter for the landowner if they want to change the design and painting of their building. The Land Registry would be able to provide details of who owns the building".....

".....If* there is a complaint that the advert which has replaced the Bruno mural is not authorised under planning regulations, then the Planning Enforcement team could look into it. However it was thought that an approach to the owner would be the recommended first steps....."

*There isn't.

So perhaps we can approach the shop? Definitely don't give them grief as that's not the answer and not fair. If money talks, and hypothetically everyone who goes to the city game gave 50p we'd have £13k from home fans, so it's not impossible, and I'm sure many more would chip in that aren't going.

Let's decide if we actually want it back and then see if someone can pop down to the shop and see how much it costs. :)

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
This should be just glossed over .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here