Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bong article in the Argus

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I bloody love Bong
Knows what he is. Makes the most of what he has. Superb attitude. Total bargain.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
There's an interview with him on the club website too.

I'm happy to have him in the squad. He does exactly what he says he does- he knows his limitations and what his strengths are and plays to them while never trying anything to expose his limitations. A Cameroonian left back version of Gary Neville if you will. He's a solid defender who has played his part well in the successes of the last four years.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Such a shame he doesn't get more recognition - never once have I heard a song or a chant for Gaetang especially when we have one that says Stephens "never gives the ball away"!!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I am a huge fan of Bong, I think he's a lot better than he is ever given credit for. He's stepped up to the PL and doesn't look out of place, does the basics as well as anyone else and knows his limits. I know i'm in the minority as I'm the only one who rates Bong out of our group of season ticket holders.

Wasn't he statistically one of the hardest defenders to beat in the PL during our first season?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Agree with all comments already. But he's got his feet firmly on the ground. It might sound like a lack of ambition, but he's doing his stuff pretty well for a Premier League club and keeping us there! Always liked him.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Underrated IMO. Good, solid left back who does his job well. Bernardo will be better long term I feel, but left back is one of the few positions I don't feel we need to strengthen in the summer.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We got our left back on a free
They will try but he doesn't get beat by anyone
Wingers kicked into the sea
But don't worry we've got Gaetan!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Whenever selected I never have any concerns about Bong coming in and doing a solid and dependable job. He is not someone who needs games to get going and he is a tough and solid left back. His limitations have been in his attacking play which is why Bernardo is first choice but for me he is the perfect reserve left back and more than adequate cover at this level.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Love the bloke, does the basics well and settled at the club.

In terms of defending I agree 100%. With the ball the very opposite is true. Big tendency to pull out a lovely bit of skill to create space before passing in to touch or overhitting a cross by 20 years.

I’m certainly not in the Bong Booers club though. With him and Bernardo at the club there’s no need at all to strengthen at left back and I can see them both sharing starting duties again next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here