Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Jofra strikes...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's incredible that there was any debate about this place in the side, eligibility aside. He could go on to be the most successful ODI bowler of all time.

Has to play in the Ashes too.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Just the one tight legside wide in that over... nothing off the bat... and he is pinging it down with his fastest at 93.2 mph and average 90+ :)

3 - 2 - 1 - 1

17-1 (6 overs)

Willey and Wood can chunter all they like... but there is little doubt he will be playing throughout the summer.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Plunkett gets one to drift away from Babar Azam and it is nicked through to Buttler.

Pakistan 45-2 (12 overs, RR 3.75)

Steady going.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’m not really fussed what happens in the ODI shebang, but we’re going to need our best team to win the ashes, (and some of the West Indies best team as well).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's LASHING DOWN... with some HAIL mixed in for good measure... and they are OFF.

71-2 (16.4 overs, RR 4.26)

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
I’m not really fussed what happens in the ODI shebang, but we’re going to need our best team to win the ashes, (and some of the West Indies best team as well).

The players would rather win the World Cup than the Ashes, and frankly I agree with them. We've never won the ODI World Cup before which is a bit of a blot on our copybook considering the Aussies have won five.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not wishing to sound naive here, but is that a cricketing term? ???

It is a fairly standard way of saying that the England captain, after winning the toss, invited the opposition to bat first.

Perhaps the more traditional way to report proceedings would be 'England won the toss and elected to field".

el punal

It is a fairly standard way of saying that the England captain, after winning the toss, invited the opposition to bat first.

Perhaps the more traditional way to report proceedings would be 'England won the toss and elected to field".

Ah! I see, thanks for that. Just for one filthy moment I thought it was a bit of innuendo you associated with pampas grass. :blush:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's incredible that there was any debate about this place in the side, eligibility aside. He could go on to be the most successful ODI bowler of all time.

Has to play in the Ashes too.
As Sussex fans we’ve all followed his career with interest and know what he’s capable of. The cricket he’s played around the World has enhanced the skills of a amazing raw talent. We could be looking at the early career of a great.

We’re privileged.

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
As Sussex fans we’ve all followed his career with interest and know what he’s capable of. The cricket he’s played around the World has enhanced the skills of a amazing raw talent. We could be looking at the early career of a great.

We’re privileged.

As someone (Chris Jordan?) said recently - Archer is box office. He has to play in the World Cup (and The Ashes, you're right). The clamour of ex-international players calling for his inclusion is gathering pace too.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I played in the same team as Jofra when he scored his first ever hundred.

Unlikely but 100% true! During his first year in England he came on tour with us to Cornwall. Standard wasn't very high so he only bowled spin but he scored a few runs.

Exceptional cricketer and a lovely bloke - he is going to be so popular as people get to know more about him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here