View Poll Results: Who will you be voting for in the upcoming EU elections?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green

47 22.82%
  • Change

20 9.71%
  • Lib Dem

42 20.39%
  • Labour

12 5.83%
  • Tory

1 0.49%
  • UKIP

1 0.49%
  • Brexit Party

67 32.52%
  • Other

1 0.49%
  • Spoiled

6 2.91%
  • Not Vote, democracy is dead

9 4.37%
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So to confirm, they voted for a party to stop Brexit, despite wanting Brexit to continue? Please just confirm that for the record. Incredible.
    No, they saw it as a protest vote against those making the decisions! Local elections will have no bearing on Brexit, so it was just a slap round the face for the Big Two.

I would still like to see your FACTS regarding people's voting habits.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
      Those people are not here yet, but lets see.
      Quote Originally Posted by pb21 View Post
      Didn't you think voting on the basis of Breixt in elections not Brexit specific (i.e. local elections) meant you were an idiot?

You are voting only for who you want to represent you in the European Parliament for potentially the next five years, not to 'kick the Tories and Labour over Brexit in the b0ll0cks for their farcical handling of Brexit'.
      I'd suggest that voting for representation in the political organisation that Brexit is specifically about does make these elections Brexit specific. But yes, I did say that about the local elections.
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      I'd suggest that voting for representation in the political organisation that Brexit is specifically about does make these elections Brexit specific. But yes, I did say that about the local elections.
      Fair enough, although I disagree with your logic, whilst these elections are related closely to Brexit, they are obviously not Brexit specific.

Either way I am unsure why you have copied in @bashlsdir?

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      What does Lib Dems' performance at the EU elections have to do with what we were just talking about? What are you on about?!

Right, we'll go slowly...

How is a vote for an ANTI Brexit party a PRO Brexit vote?

You understand that a party that wants to STOP Brexit gaining shitloads of votes from parties that want to PROCEED with Brexit, is a very BAD thing for Brexit, yes?
      OK, let’s go very slowly for you.

You quoted me, and the part you quoted referred to the LibDems and me saying that wasn’t a remain vote. People didn’t vote UKIP as it is now viewed as a very racist party (waits for the usual pathetic replies saying it always was, blah, blah, blah). UKIP was originally founded to get us out of the EU - end of. Since the referendum, it has drifted further the the far right and I could not vote for it. I realise that so many remainers like to tar all leavers as racists, but that is not the case.

So, many people won’t vote UKIP even though it is Pro Brexit.

Therefore, there was no real home for the protest votes and many people stayed at home.

The real test of Brexit supporting parties will be in the EU elections. You will still get a core vote who will stick with Labour/Tories, but those who vote for the Brexit party will be clear what they want. Out of the EU asap - clean Brexit.

Now, that doesn’t mean that the votes for Labour/Tories are remain votes - it just proves that there are a lot of people who are still tribal in their voting habits.

I realise you will still disagree, but lots of voters could not be arsed as there is huge anger at the handling of Brexit, so the local election results are a sign of anger at parliament. The real shame is that local politicians got shafted due to the sh1t show in Westminster.

The EU elections are when the Brexit supporters will have a clear choice.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by larus View Post
      but lots of voters could not be arsed as there is huge anger at the handling of Brexit, so the local election results are a sign of anger at parliament.
      I had a quick look but cant see turnout figure for the local elections just gone, or previous ones, what was the decline?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      OK, let’s go very slowly for you.

You quoted me, and the part you quoted referred to the LibDems and me saying that wasn’t a remain vote. People didn’t vote UKIP as it is now viewed as a very racist party (waits for the usual pathetic replies saying it always was, blah, blah, blah). UKIP was originally founded to get us out of the EU - end of. Since the referendum, it has drifted further the the far right and I could not vote for it. I realise that so many remainers like to tar all leavers as racists, but that is not the case.

So, many people won’t vote UKIP even though it is Pro Brexit.

Therefore, there was no real home for the protest votes and many people stayed at home.

The real test of Brexit supporting parties will be in the EU elections. You will still get a core vote who will stick with Labour/Tories, but those who vote for the Brexit party will be clear what they want. Out of the EU asap - clean Brexit.

Now, that doesn’t mean that the votes for Labour/Tories are remain votes - it just proves that there are a lot of people who are still tribal in their voting habits.

I realise you will still disagree, but lots of voters could not be arsed as there is huge anger at the handling of Brexit, so the local election results are a sign of anger at parliament. The real shame is that local politicians got shafted due to the sh1t show in Westminster.

The EU elections are when the Brexit supporters will have a clear choice.
      Yep, that's about it. You also have to factor in that a lot, and I mean A LOT of people don't really understand politics, and what each party stands for, but just know they have been shafted over Brexit...
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pb21 View Post
      Fair enough, although I disagree with your logic, whilst these elections are related closely to Brexit, they are obviously not Brexit specific.

Either way I am unsure why you have copied in @bashlsdir?
      Because he's posted a hope that the thread would be a polite non-name calling thread. On post #31 this wish was shattered and that was the other post I quoted.
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
      Here they come lol.
      "I wasted £100 on a hotel room, another £100 on drink, whole weekend a complete waste of money, all in all the worst away day iv'e ever had ever. i can handle wasting good money, but seeing palace players getting laughed at by that lot, being laughed at as we leave the ground, that f***ing hurts, feel numb today, feel totaly numb with shock, going to take a long time to get over this one."
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      People didn’t vote UKIP as it is now viewed as a very racist party (waits for the usual pathetic replies saying it always was, blah, blah, blah). UKIP was originally founded to get us out of the EU - end of. Since the referendum, it has drifted further the the far right and I could not vote for it.
      The guy who founded UKIP left well before the referendum because it changed into a far-right, racist party. You're right: it wasn't always that way but it's been that way for quite some time

See interview here https://www.theguardian.com/politics...steins-monster
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      Because he's posted a hope that the thread would be a polite non-name calling thread. On post #31 this wish was shattered and that was the other post I quoted.
      Taking on the principled thread police position then. Somewhat ironically I presume considering you labelled whole swathes of the population as "idiots" for voting a certain way last week.

Although I'm still not sure why you quoted my post above as I wasn't name calling anyone on this thread.