Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] European Parliament Elections (23rd May 2019)

Who will you be voting for in the upcoming EU elections?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
So to confirm, they voted for a party to stop Brexit, despite wanting Brexit to continue? Please just confirm that for the record. Incredible.

No, they saw it as a protest vote against those making the decisions! Local elections will have no bearing on Brexit, so it was just a slap round the face for the Big Two.

I would still like to see your FACTS regarding people's voting habits.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Those people are not here yet, but lets see.

Didn't you think voting on the basis of Breixt in elections not Brexit specific (i.e. local elections) meant you were an idiot?

You are voting only for who you want to represent you in the European Parliament for potentially the next five years, not to 'kick the Tories and Labour over Brexit in the b0ll0cks for their farcical handling of Brexit'.

I'd suggest that voting for representation in the political organisation that Brexit is specifically about does make these elections Brexit specific. But yes, I did say that about the local elections.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I'd suggest that voting for representation in the political organisation that Brexit is specifically about does make these elections Brexit specific. But yes, I did say that about the local elections.

Fair enough, although I disagree with your logic, whilst these elections are related closely to Brexit, they are obviously not Brexit specific.

Either way I am unsure why you have copied in [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION]?

larus

What does Lib Dems' performance at the EU elections have to do with what we were just talking about? What are you on about?!

Right, we'll go slowly...

How is a vote for an ANTI Brexit party a PRO Brexit vote?

You understand that a party that wants to STOP Brexit gaining shitloads of votes from parties that want to PROCEED with Brexit, is a very BAD thing for Brexit, yes?

OK, let’s go very slowly for you.

You quoted me, and the part you quoted referred to the LibDems and me saying that wasn’t a remain vote. People didn’t vote UKIP as it is now viewed as a very racist party (waits for the usual pathetic replies saying it always was, blah, blah, blah). UKIP was originally founded to get us out of the EU - end of. Since the referendum, it has drifted further the the far right and I could not vote for it. I realise that so many remainers like to tar all leavers as racists, but that is not the case.

So, many people won’t vote UKIP even though it is Pro Brexit.

Therefore, there was no real home for the protest votes and many people stayed at home.

The real test of Brexit supporting parties will be in the EU elections. You will still get a core vote who will stick with Labour/Tories, but those who vote for the Brexit party will be clear what they want. Out of the EU asap - clean Brexit.

Now, that doesn’t mean that the votes for Labour/Tories are remain votes - it just proves that there are a lot of people who are still tribal in their voting habits.

I realise you will still disagree, but lots of voters could not be arsed as there is huge anger at the handling of Brexit, so the local election results are a sign of anger at parliament. The real shame is that local politicians got shafted due to the sh1t show in Westminster.

The EU elections are when the Brexit supporters will have a clear choice.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
but lots of voters could not be arsed as there is huge anger at the handling of Brexit, so the local election results are a sign of anger at parliament.

I had a quick look but cant see turnout figure for the local elections just gone, or previous ones, what was the decline?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
OK, let’s go very slowly for you.

You quoted me, and the part you quoted referred to the LibDems and me saying that wasn’t a remain vote. People didn’t vote UKIP as it is now viewed as a very racist party (waits for the usual pathetic replies saying it always was, blah, blah, blah). UKIP was originally founded to get us out of the EU - end of. Since the referendum, it has drifted further the the far right and I could not vote for it. I realise that so many remainers like to tar all leavers as racists, but that is not the case.

So, many people won’t vote UKIP even though it is Pro Brexit.

Therefore, there was no real home for the protest votes and many people stayed at home.

The real test of Brexit supporting parties will be in the EU elections. You will still get a core vote who will stick with Labour/Tories, but those who vote for the Brexit party will be clear what they want. Out of the EU asap - clean Brexit.

Now, that doesn’t mean that the votes for Labour/Tories are remain votes - it just proves that there are a lot of people who are still tribal in their voting habits.

I realise you will still disagree, but lots of voters could not be arsed as there is huge anger at the handling of Brexit, so the local election results are a sign of anger at parliament. The real shame is that local politicians got shafted due to the sh1t show in Westminster.

The EU elections are when the Brexit supporters will have a clear choice.

Yep, that's about it. You also have to factor in that a lot, and I mean A LOT of people don't really understand politics, and what each party stands for, but just know they have been shafted over Brexit...

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Fair enough, although I disagree with your logic, whilst these elections are related closely to Brexit, they are obviously not Brexit specific.

Either way I am unsure why you have copied in [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION]?

Because he's posted a hope that the thread would be a polite non-name calling thread. On post #31 this wish was shattered and that was the other post I quoted.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
People didn’t vote UKIP as it is now viewed as a very racist party (waits for the usual pathetic replies saying it always was, blah, blah, blah). UKIP was originally founded to get us out of the EU - end of. Since the referendum, it has drifted further the the far right and I could not vote for it.

The guy who founded UKIP left well before the referendum because it changed into a far-right, racist party. You're right: it wasn't always that way but it's been that way for quite some time

See interview here https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-alan-sked-party-become-frankensteins-monster

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Because he's posted a hope that the thread would be a polite non-name calling thread. On post #31 this wish was shattered and that was the other post I quoted.

Taking on the principled thread police position then. Somewhat ironically I presume considering you labelled whole swathes of the population as "idiots" for voting a certain way last week.

Although I'm still not sure why you quoted my post above as I wasn't name calling anyone on this thread.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Kind feel for the Tories, turned themselves into Blukip, spent the last 3 years kowtowing to the nationalist/racist wing of their party.

And all their supporters have run away, I knew they should have kept the go home vans running around...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think that This will become a second referendum on Europe by default, note the way the Greens and Lib-Dems are hoovering up votes like crazy and they lead the Brexit party almost 2:1. Frankly, if we stay in Europe any length of time after these elections a Brexit Party vote is a wasted vote, far better to have a MEP from a party that wants to engage with Europe.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm so bored with the racist tag being thrown around. Personally I wish the moderators would do something about it, it's not right.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Although I'm still not sure why you quoted my post above as I wasn't name calling anyone on this thread.

Apologies - my mistake - I meant to quote LLCoolJ ! :doh:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As for the Pound Shorting Shyster, he's just loving the fact that he gets to build his part again. If Brexit ever actually happened he'd be screwed. Name calling it may be, but anyone who votes for Farage is really, REALLY stupid. Here's some snake oil to go with your Brexit Party vote. Sucker....

It a vote for the guy who was inspired by Nazi propaganda. who wants enrich his hedge fund mates, destroy British industry, fracture the UK and tear up the Good Friday Agreement. This is true Brexit, if he gets more than 50% lets go ahead...

And don't even ask him about climate change

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Oh good, that lasted a whole 31 posts - well done [emoji106]

As for your choice of party *cough* Bellotti, Baker, LDC ! The party were scumbags then and continued to be scumbags when they sold their souls around student fees and PR voting just to get a sniff of power. I see no reason why they would have suddenly become less scumbagish. Some people have very short memories.

As for my vote - Brexit Party. Farage might be a scumbag but at least we all know he's a scumbag ..... and it's the only leave party capable for kicking both the Tories and Labour in the b0ll0cks for their farcical handling of Brexit.
Yeah but you're thick as mince so you're technically helping everything you're opposed to by posting that.

"I was going to vote for Nige but then that guy posted something supporting him, can't do it now. I just can't...... Just the association, I, I....I feel sick, sorry.... *vomits on shoes*"

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I have voted Lib Dem in both local & Euro elections in the past. But that was before they decided getting into bed with the Tories was a whiz of an idea so they could drink in the power (oh...and break promises made on student fees / loans).

I wouldn't want to vote for any party that propped up a Tory government and I'm very concerned that the Labour Party (who I voted for in recent local elections and would intend voting for in the next GE) are about to do similar. If they prop up May to get her deal through, or support the farcical "Peoples Vote" idea then they won't get my vote at the GE.
Conned by the Tory media who were set up to destroy the Lib Dems. The coalition government was actually the best we've had in ages. The tuition fees bollocks was Cameron's trump card to ensure we didn't get a proper voting system. And it worked perfectly.

Look at what actually happened under the coalition and what's happened since.

But yeah, let's blame the Lib Dems for the Tories being utter *****.

Logical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here