Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] European Parliament Elections (23rd May 2019)

Who will you be voting for in the upcoming EU elections?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Silly thread. No-one moving their position. But all unified on one thing.

134 votes in and not a single on for the Tories...

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
This will be a proxy Second referendum and those in favour of Leave will vote for The Brexit Party in large numbers, so if you are staunch Remain then you have to vote for a proven brand.

Personally, I think it makes sense to vote Lib Dem because they are unequivocally committed to the EU, it's hardwired into their DNA as a party. Neither the Labour or Tory leadership is fully committed to the EU while Change UK are pro-Second Referendum but have yet to be tested on how European they really are.

This. The whole election is solely about Brexit. Even outside of the UK, the change in representatives opens the door to a renegotiation and it's clear that is the elephant in the room whenever there is a discussion on next steps.
The deal negotiated by May has been roundly rejected 3 times but the current EU leadership have said no renegotiation. All this fluff and bluster about getting a deal with Labour and leaving before the election was just bo11ocks because it is been 100% about waiting for a change in the EU parliament so that an acceptable (to UK parliament) deal can be negotiated.

This election will set the tone of that renegotiation or precipitate a decision to defy the referendum result and abandon Brexit and leave us powerless and humiliated on the world stage (in either case, obviously).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The moronic attempts to paint the Brexit party as 'far right' by the usual suspects on here just goes to shows how desperate and worried they are. A party that has candidates from a broad section of society and a Jewish candidate who has himself been targeted by the real 'far right'

D6DU3SQXkAEMB8Y-e1557326742685.jpg

Lance Forman, a top Brexit Party MEP candidate and owner of H. Forman and Son smokehouse, has had his business vandalised by vile anti-Semitic graffiti. Forman’s father is a holocaust survivor who fled Germany after the war and his great grandfather fled the anti-Semitic pogroms in Russia.

https://order-order.com/2019/05/08/...andidates-business-vandalised-giant-swastika/

Whilst I can't condone such behaviour, if you sleep with dogs. I'm afraid you will catch fleas...

Capture.JPG

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Nearly 150 votes in and not a single one for the Tories ...... they're going to get decimated aren't they ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I voted 'spoiled', but I guess it would have been 'other' if there were any TU backed 'No2EU, Yes to Democracy' candidates this time.

I've avoided the Brexit debates as I hate the way the entire media and the majority of the political class portray Brexit supporters as all a load of right-wing 'Sir Bufton Tufton' types, whereas of course the truth is that the Remainers are the right-wing, neo-liberal, capitalist-loving Baddies in this debate.

No correspondence will be entered in to (as we'll never agree).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I voted 'spoiled', but I guess it would have been 'other' if there were any TU backed 'No2EU, Yes to Democracy' candidates this time.

I've avoided the Brexit debates as I hate the way the entire media and the majority of the political class portray Brexit supporters as all a load of right-wing 'Sir Bufton Tufton' types, whereas of course the truth is that the Remainers are the right-wing, neo-liberal, capitalist-loving Baddies in this debate.

No correspondence will be entered in to (as we'll never agree).

Bufton Tufton??? Is that anything to do with 55 Tufton Street?

Entire media, haven't you been reading UK print media for last 40 years?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's interesting yon Farage has come out and said that a vote for the Brexit party is a vote for No Deal. Means we do finally get an indication of the percentage of the voting public who want a No Deal Brexit. So if they poll less than 50% then it's not "the will of the people" and should be ruled out.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's interesting yon Farage has come out and said that a vote for the Brexit party is a vote for No Deal. Means we do finally get an indication of the percentage of the voting public who want a No Deal Brexit. So if they poll less than 50% then it's not "the will of the people" and should be ruled out.

No deal Brexit, when did Nige this ever mention this prior to the 2016 frauderendum??

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It would be interesting to know what the voting public think a No Deal means.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Remain United has worked out the best Remain party to vote for in your area for tactical voting reasons. In the SE it is better to stick to LibDem.

https://www.remainunited.org/be-tactical/

Looks like a much more remainy bunch of MEP's than currently, even without tactical voting. Is that the will of the people?

UKIP already have 24, suggests BP could get 25

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So what will the Brexit party do if they got into a position to affect things? We don't know, they refuse to tell us.

So how would they deal with the issues which surround their preferred Brexit? We don't know, they refuse to tell us.

So what do they think about other non-Brexit issues such as the NHS? We don't know, they refuse to tell us.

So where is the money coming from? We don't know, they...ah, you get the picture now.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Bufton Tufton??? Is that anything to do with 55 Tufton Street?

Entire media, haven't you been reading UK print media for last 40 years?

I would imagine it's a reference to Sir Tufton Beamish,an almost hereditary Sussex MP.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So what will the Brexit party do if they got into a position to affect things? We don't know, they refuse to tell us.

So how would they deal with the issues which surround their preferred Brexit? We don't know, they refuse to tell us.

So what do they think about other non-Brexit issues such as the NHS? We don't know, they refuse to tell us.

So where is the money coming from? We don't know, they...ah, you get the picture now.

Perhaps you could get that well known lefty journalist and broadcaster Danny Baker to find out?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It would be interesting to know what the voting public think a No Deal means.

For starters,£39 billion to be spent on what we want,WTO rules on trade,lots of bi-lateral deals,Irish trucks crossing the UK under customs seals so their economy doesn't melt down,holidays to Turkey in short supply,and a pro-active government under Boris dealing with any problems rapidly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here