Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much will Mr Bloom spend in the summer transfer window?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'd imagine spending will be a similar spend to last season's summer transfer window unless we sell players in the summer, providing us with extra spending power

Personally, I wouldn't want him to gamble too much money as we could, in a worst case scenario, end up losing money on the season, getting relegated and have a very expensive squad

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think he’s be prepared to go large on transfer fees. About £80m in the transfer warchest I’m guessing. And he’ll be prepared to raise the top earner to about £60k per week.

The question is, will this be enough to get the players Hughton wants to sign on the dotted line? Our direct competitors will still be offering quite a lot more.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think he’s be prepared to go large on transfer fees. About £80m in the transfer warchest I’m guessing. And he’ll be prepared to raise the top earner to about £60k per week.

Not sure about this considering Barber's new comments about us acknowledging that realistically budget-wise we might be the sort of team to go down and then hopefully come back up.

I suspect we'll be bottom 3 for budget this season, as they will want to see more from the large outlay already made on Andone, Jahanbakhsh and Locadia.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Offload = 16.6 million 3 players (you know who )
Loan out 5
Loan in 3 (one being a loan to buy for £14 million )
Buy 4 at a total cost of £67 million pounds (excluding the Italian guys £14million which will go onto the following seasons budget )

Sorry for the vagueness of the figures .

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The biggest problem is offloading some of the existing squad for money, let alone get them off the payroll. Most of the big value signings have disappointed - the question is whether TB will let them go on the cheap to get them off the books. They have a new recruitment regime that will want to splash the cash. We can’t get some of the decisions so wrong again, can we?
TB won’t gamble money - he usually goes for certainties. No certainties in football though.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I'd guess similar, maybe lower than this season but on fewer players, i also think the wages budget will be increased.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've no idea about transfer fees, and what gets reported isn't that accurate, but I reckon the wages will go up.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I think wages up and he will go big on a striker. £20-30 million. I still want us to get Iheanacho from Leicester as he showed so much promise (now looking a bit chubby and naff though but hardly any playing time can do that to you)

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The biggest problem is offloading some of the existing squad for money, let alone get them off the payroll. Most of the big value signings have disappointed - the question is whether TB will let them go on the cheap to get them off the books. They have a new recruitment regime that will want to splash the cash. We can’t get some of the decisions so wrong again, can we?

Assuming Schelotto and Suttner get offloaded, we will still have an issue with the size of the squad, we won't be able to bring in many more signings without losing a few more.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
The important thing to realise is that transfer fees aren't always directly proportionate to the ability being contracted.

Mane £34m v
Carroll £35m

Mahrez £400,000 to Leicester
....Jahanbakhsh £17m

Van Dijk £13m to Southampton

There are loads.

Yes, good to have a decent transfer kitty. Even better to have a strong eye for potential talent.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Assuming Schelotto and Suttner get offloaded, we will still have an issue with the size of the squad, we won't be able to bring in many more signings without losing a few more.
23 man squad, currently + Izzy is injured, meaning 22.

So, 3 can be brought in - a striker, a central midfielder, and another attacking winger / midfielder.

Then - is Pröpper really going to Ajax ? If so that is £15-20 million and another free squad place.

A loan out for Kayal frees another place.

Maybe 3-5 signings possible, and - for example - Reece James is young enough to not count in the 25 as well.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
There's value to be had in the Championship but we just don't seem to be prepared to go shopping there preferring to take the much riskier option, given the level of acclimatisation required to the PL, the UK and CH's tactics, of shopping from relegated teams abroad or Holland!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here